• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sleeves look kinda long and shoulders a bit big for MTO

The sleeves are an easy fix, correct? I'm not looking at a hefty fee for a decent alteration there, am I?
I'll have to live with the shoulders I suppose since that would be a huge operation from what I understand.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sleeves are an easy fix, correct? I'm not looking at a hefty fee for a decent alteration there, am I?
I'll have to live with the shoulders I suppose since that would be a huge operation from what I understand.

yes. I have had the sleeves taken up on both of mine. Have them do it from the shoulder and its pretty easy

tm42

Reaction score
Anyone toss their portuguese flannel in the dryer after a cold wash? I'm curious about how much shrinkage to expect.
Thanks..

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone toss their portuguese flannel in the dryer after a cold wash? I'm curious about how much shrinkage to expect. 
Thanks..

I am between sizes. I size up and the. Hit in the dryer and the size is perfect. I would say it doesn't go down a size but probably between 1/2 & 3/4

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Assume you sized up per the guidance and found it big? Just got mine and found the same. Anyone take their usual size and it worked out?

I'm going with my usual size next time for PF. I got size L and even after multiple dry sessions it's still too big.

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My PF is perfect in the shoulders and arm length, a little big in the chest/body, and ENORMOUS around the neck. For my tastes, the shirt would benefit significantly from a more structured button down collar.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something different.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hope the whole NMWA crew is safe and sound. Looks like NYC got a pretty decent accumulation

TheSouthernMan

Reaction score
The sleeve can always be altered however be very careful not shorten it too much. To look looks great, though if I may adding some black shoes would have enhanced the look. Maybe next time depending on the weather you could wear oxfords or some sort of elegant boots. sporty but yet elegant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads