1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Only one of the three is truly a necessity. I suggested that we take a lot of #styfo bathroom selfies.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    2 people like this.
  2. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Geller is up!

We'll also have Type 3 jeans in the season-specific slate grey color, as well as a lightweight denim shirt in off-white, but still waiting on photos for those.

In the meantime, this should help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

@conceptual 4est What's the fit on the Type 3 like Kyle? TTS?

4. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

If whoever picked up a DWW summer tweed in size 50 isn't happy with it for whatever reason, let me know please and I'll take it off your hands!

Nvm sizing appears not to work for me! Thanks though!

5. King Calder

King Calder Senior member

Wow I'm already overwhelmed with the drops so far. So many good choices. Geller is so good.

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I am really tempted by the Abraham Moon sportcoat. I think it is extremely purdy.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. sebastian mcfox

Discussed about 6 posts above :)

8. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

You consider floating the "let's do the city hall ceremony" idea? If nothing else, it would surely test the bounds of love [​IMG]

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Fixed so Greg doesn't kill me :).

10. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Well, the initial plan was to elope. Initial plan got scrapped, as a result of conflicting schedules. Long story short... that ship has unfortunately sailed.

11. 1969

1969 Senior member

Are these being restocked? FWIW I've got 34's...I love the cut, roomy but slight taper below the knee. I do use a belt and could probably go down a size but don't want to lose the proportion I get with 34 (which is more or less my actual size). I would love to get a pair of the Type 3 in a washed black someday.

12. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

I'd recommend ordering your usual size - some posters here that own the type 3 5-year-fade can probably weigh in better though.

You'll probably notice that size 30 and 31 are missing - that was not intentional

13. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

A few weeks ago, I had some time to spare before my flight and intrusively dropped by NMWA as I had a meeting that just so happened to be right around the corner. Completely unannounced (very inconsiderate and rude of me...I didn't quite understand that NMWA wasn't a physical storefront...) the team invited me in and graciously afforded me the opportunity to find my fit in G. Inglese, which evolved into a pending MTO, I digress...

Anyway, I was able to try on the summer tweed Formosa and found the fit in my usual size (50R) to be noticeably more trim all over. The shoulders, waist, and unfortunately (the sleeves) were more snug than I could afford to live with...and the 52 fit wonderfully everywhere but the shoulders, which of course is a no-go. For reference, I own several FW Formosa's and the 50 is an absolute dream for me OTR.

That said, the lucky guy who's getting ready to receive that jacket is in for a real treat. The fabric is beautiful beyond words in color, texture, and feel. Such a tastefully unique piece and I hope the new owner wears it to tatters! :)

1 person likes this.
  14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I wear a 35 in most pants (Epaulet for example). I ordered the 36 last season and found them slightly roomy. I'll be waiting impatiently for the 34's to drop

15. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

@MrVenneri you also tried on the merlot linen jacket from last summer, right? Do I remember well that it was also too snug in sz 50?

16. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

I did. As gorgeous as that jacket is it broke my heart to find that it was even more snug than the summer tweed of this season. The affectionately dubbed, 'Merlosa', felt as though it was a TTS 50R.

17. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Interesting. This could explain the fit issues I had with the summer herringbone... Haven't tried on the exchanged jacket yet because I haven't been home since it arrived, but this would the tightness in the shoulders, chest and waist.

Maybe dropping a few lbs will help me out there and get a slightly better fit on the rest of my jackets & suits as well

18. sebastian mcfox

@1969, @conceptual 4est, @rydenfan - thanks for the advice. Sounds like 32 will fit me well (assuming my trigger/mouse finger) is quick enough...

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Slate grey Type 3 sound pretty fantastic

20. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

All respect to Robert Geller but those don't look like any pants I picture Blixa wearing.