1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

[​IMG]

Crappy pic saved by not crappy clothes

frank leder x2, Scott & charters, and rota from NMWA

13 people like this.
  2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

You got that scarf? Lucky guy. I thought I would snatch one but I blinked and it was gone.

3. gdl203

Please email Kyle asap. I think we're getting that order to RG tomorrow.

4. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Yeah it's been one of my favorites - I'm sad you didn't get one since, ya know, you're the one that bought them in the first place and all

5. gdl203

I'm sure I'll find something else ;)

2 people like this.
  6. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Senior member

7. gdl203

So what are you guys getting or considering from the Eidos pre-order?

We thought the collection and fabric picks were phenomenal. That camel alpaca/wool ulster is a haunting thought

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  8. John Grady Cole

John Grady Cole Senior member

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Amazing for sure. Here are my top few in no particular order:

1. Hunting jacket in corduroy - this is phenomenal. I was the one who originally requested a cord version, and you didn't disappoint.

2. Over coat in glenplaid - I love the relaxed vibe you showed it with the Niche shirt. But the silhouette and labels are so great. Feel like this is a piece you could grab and throw over almost anything.

3. FJ in grey/blue wool ED303/920 - finished shots made up lighter than I expected from the sample. Super help to see. Love the light grey with some depth of colors.

4 FJ in black/grey bird eye - admittedly this one did catch my eye immediately, but the made up shots are so damn good

2 people like this.
  10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

11. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

So, if I were wealthy…

1- Navy donegal suiting separates (slept on an Eidos flannel navy suit a couple years back and kick myself to this day; this fabric looks like a great textured/seasonal take on a navy suit that is appealing but not so loud that it would be obvious every time you wore it).
    2- Gray POW with blue overcheck suit (reminds me of the fabric from the one you carried back in FW14 in the Lorenzo model, which I still have saved for future reference).
    3- Solid gray/blue flannel suit (I'm so not a suit guy but these three are all awesome)
    4- Dark navy / indigo field jacket (the size and subtlety of the herringbone is awesome)
    5- The camel ulster (so good)
    6- Surprisingly, the pincord hunting jacket. Not a cord guy ever in any form, but this looks super great.

Sadly, I am not wealthy, so I will be ordering none of it, haha.

2 people like this.
  12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm seriously considering that macro herringbone overcoat.

6 people like this.
  13. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Senior member

Fairly certain I'll be putting in an order for one of these as well [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

Same, but know it would be waaaay too warm for my current climate [​IMG]

15. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

1. Also macro herringbone overcoat (probably will purchase... size 52??? Idk)

2. Corduroy FJ. When I envision it, I go bonkers. I have a lot of FJs and the green casentino on the way so not at the top of my list.

3. Camel cord or houndstooth suit. Sadly (or not sadly for my wallet) Eidos suiting doesn't really fit me well. So back to number 1

1 person likes this.
  16. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

1. Navy donegal birdseye trousers
    2. Grey/blue wool FJ
    3. Down-filled natural indigo parka
    4. Tan corduroy jacket

In the past year I went from being introduced to Eidos to now having 2 sportcoats, 1 suit, 1 field jacket, 2 Lupo polos, 2 sport shirts, and 1 shawl cardigan. I've got a serious problem. Their materials, design, and fit just plain appeal to me. I would happily blow my money on the above items (and more), but there are so many other brands from NMWA I want to try, so must exercise restraint...

1 person likes this.
  17. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The large scale brown/tan herringbone coat looks really good. Alas, I am not a buyer because I have too much outerwear.

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Large scale herringbone, glenplaid and navy/indigo overcoats seem like obvious choices to me. I dunno, between one of those and some Geller stuff, I can probably only pick one and I now work on the second floor of a building that traps heat like no other :( I also ride a shuttle to work and am paranoid about sitting on my overcoats. :eek:

As far as remaining items, can the "over" flap top backpack fit a 15" MBP? It looks like it should, but I want to confirm.

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm wondering about sizing too. I'm 50 in Formosa jackets which I understand is about equal to a 52 in Eidos jackets. So same size for the overcoat (52?)

20. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I have the casentino palermo - tight in the sleeves, wide shoulders, high armhole. Kind of strange for an overcoat - you would think your overcoat sleeves would be looser than your suit/SC sleeves.

My understanding of the sleeve issue is that it has been fixed this recent FW16 season (so I'm extrapolating the fix will remain for FW17). I think I'm going to go 52 to accommodate layering over SC/suit and live with the wider shoulders.

I love Eidos' fabric selection and design. At the same time, I find it frustrating to have to second guess/ask the forum how every item will fit before buying it (unless I have the item already (i.e., buying a second lupo, FJ etc.)). For instance, I wear an XL in the Lupo, but had to exchange a Large for a Small in a sport shirt of theirs. I understand the intended fit may be a bit roomier, but I looked like I was wearing Shaq's clothing. I also believe this is something being addressed for the upcoming season, so my hopes are these problems will diminish with time and better control at production level.
    ___
    Edit I don't think I answered your question [​IMG] sorry! I think I'd say 52 for you too for single breasted

1 person likes this.