1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. NYCMass

NYCMass Member

In my opinion, NMWA easily has the best curated selection of outerwear of any online retailers. Like everyone, there are a few more pieces I would love to pick up but I am running out of room in my closets. Monitaly, Scye, Eidos, etc ...

2. dolatron

dolatron Active Member

SS Memory from last winter, keeping me warm at hockey practice today. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Will we see any suits from Camoshita for SS17?

4. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

I'll play, but maybe bend the rules a little. One thing I always appreciate are the fit pics that you guys share each season. Many of them help me in making my buying decisions because when they are on the body you get a better idea of drape, proportions, and just general styling ideas. So, I went back and pulled the pics you shared earlier in the season to hopefully help anyone on the fence finally take the leap. Many of these pieces are still available and in multiple sizes (and at insane prices). Two of my particular favorites are the grey IM trellis rollneck that Kyle is wearing and the Valstar Shearling that Greg is wearing. Amazing pieces and I think still some pieces left.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    5 people like this.
  5. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

Is it just me or are the Leder shirts kind of all over the place, sizing wise? It looks like I could take anywhere from a small to a large depending on which one I'm looking at.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

They're different fits. Some are slim and short, whereas the scalloped ones are long and oversized. Doesn't mean that you're supposed to size down 2 - it's just a different style and fit

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I can't look at any pics of that Eidos brown hopsack. Killin me!

@gdl203 I hope you kept that grey wool hunting coat. That is such a perfect fit and look on you

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

IM tunic is rapidly becoming my favorite sweater on the planet. Looking forward to some S/S versions
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. AJL

AJL Senior member

Matchy matchy w/ wallpaper (actually I kinda like it, it's rather soothing--you should spend more time in there with that sweater on :)).

3 people like this.
  10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Can someone help me on the sizing of this coat? I'm a regular size S / 36 guy (5'8'') but since the brand is Japanese I am wondering if I should go with size 38 or 36. Is it designed to be worn over a jacket, or should I size up one to make up for layering? Here is the sizing chart: Size Chest (CM) Length (CM) Shoulder (CM) Sleeve (CM) 36 106 100 43 63 38 110 103 44 64 So many good stuffs on sale... If sizing doesn't work out I might jump to LBM onvercoat :embar:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  11. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

I think like every other luxury purchase, it's not a matter of need but perspective. We buy what we buy because we find a way to rationalize the decision and that makes us happy. I'm guilty of the same over-indulgence; more clothes, shoes, and outerwear that would take me a lifetime at present state to adequately wear...yet I find myself perpetually accumulating more clothing/accessories if nothing more than to have and not need than need and not have. It makes me happy. Some people smoke crack for happiness...we pamper ourselves for a similar avail.

3 people like this.
  12. FLW

FLW Senior member

Well when I explain it to my wife THAT way...

Very well said, though. We all shpuld know why we are here.

1 person likes this.
  13. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Excellent smoking crack illustration, really took point home for me!

But seriously it makes sense. I have friends that enjoy thrifting like there's no tomorrow and accumulate an absurd amount of clothing. I don't enjoy it because I never find anything decent in my size and I'm just not patient enough, probably. But I am willing to spend extra cash for something from a unique maker and that I know is well made especially when there's a sale going on.

I try to say I don't have as much as my thrift shopping friends so I'm not as bad, but I'm sure there's something wrong with that logic.

1 person likes this.
  14. tgaith77

tgaith77 Senior member

Yeah, most good illustrations I know always start with, "You know, it's a lot like smoking crack..."

I know the comparison is meant to be funny and all...I just don't think I like clothing having that sort of control over my time, energy and money.

15. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

well if I move to suburb with more closest space I'll probably reconsider more out wear again...

16. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

If your brain had a twin...it would die of loneliness man.

1 person likes this.
  17. msg

msg Senior member

No need for drastic measures. Just get a storage locker and a butler like the rest of us.

18. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I have consider storage for serious once, then I realize anything goes into storage is just something that never comes out..., might as well sell them at that point...

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I do seasonal rotations. Not reason for shorts, short sleeved shirts, and light jackets to take up space right now

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Depends where you live, obviously ...