• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apologize if this is an improper place to ask, but I am wondering how the Heschung unlined fox suede blucher compares to the Alden Snuff suede blucher. The fox suede looks a tad lighter, but I am more interested in fit and finish. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, better. I owned Alden Snuff Suede PTBs and got rid of them and kept the Heschung unlined fox suede. Probably my favorite summer shoes. The kudu is fantastic. Still surprised there are as many sizes still available bc the price is fantastic.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Looks like tobacco shawl was a return and snatched up right away.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing help for GRP knits? I'm an M in Inis Meain and V in Schneider.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone got Heschung and paraboot to compare?

I have shoes and boots from both Heschung and Paraboot. I cannot give you a clinical comparison between the two brands. But from a casual customer's perspective, I find the shoes and boots from the two to be comparable in quality and comfort. That is to say, both brands are excellent.

I find the two brands complement each other with their respective iconic models. (Paraboot: Chambord, Avignon, etc; Heschung: Gingko, Crocus, etc.). In my view, Heschung offers a better selection of boots, while Paraboot offers a varied selection of shoes.

Regarding sizing, I am the same size across all Paraboot models I own. Heschung sizing, in my experience (~10 pairs), is a little less uniform. I will only buy Heschung if I can try them on before buying. But that is just me and I am sure others may have a different experience.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. guess I'll get both, just have to find a way to convince the wife...

vida

Reaction score
Why are sale items always "FINAL"? Why not offer store credit if it doesn't work? You win, as you keep the money AND have the ability to resale the item. The customer benefits by not being stuck with an item that isn't quite right. You could even have the customer pay return shipping in this instance. I, for one, would certainly purchase more from the store.

SerialComma

Reaction score

6'3, 190lbs and a 5 fits me well. A bit snug at first, but now it's perfect.

I'm also looking at the GRP knits, and your measurements are similar to mine. I'm 6'4", 195 lb, 41-42" chest, 26" arms, and I was trying to decide between 5 and 6, Would you advise a 5 for me as well?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are sale items always "FINAL"? Why not offer store credit if it doesn't work? You win, as you keep the money AND have the ability to resale the item. The customer benefits by not being stuck with an item that isn't quite right. You could even have the customer pay return shipping in this instance. I, for one, would certainly purchase more from the store.

All those items are available for several months with free shipping and free returns. Why not buy them then? If it's some position on principle about not buying at regular price, we continually offer a discount for SF members + we often run promotions during the season with codes (like right now) that do not make those discounted purchases final sale.

Once we enter our final sale time, it's because we need to make space for the new season merchandise. It's that time and it needs to be done. We're not exactly breaking new ground with the concept of final sales... Those are necessary.

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm also looking at the GRP knits, and your measurements are similar to mine. I'm 6'4", 195 lb, 41-42" chest, 26" arms, and I was trying to decide between 5 and 6, Would you advise a 5 for me as well?

For the A1 size 6, for the linen polos same. That's the two I have. 6'2, 180 lbs, 40" chest, and even I wear both in 6. Could go for 5s but would be snug, esp. the A1.

Last edited:

vida

Reaction score

All those items are available for several months with free shipping and free returns.  Why not buy them then?   If it's some position on principle about not buying at regular price, we continually offer a discount for SF members + we often run promotions during the season with codes that do not make those discounted purchases final sale. 

Once we enter our final sale time, it's because we need to make space for the new season merchandise.   It's that time and it needs to be done.  We're not exactly breaking new ground with the concept of final sales... Those are necessary. 

I don't have any problems with your pricing. As a matter of fact, I think it's very fair especially with the SF discount. My specific example would be outerwear. I don't have a dire need for a new piece but I would be willing to pay the sale price. If it didn't work, I would easily know that I could buy something in the spring as I know I'll probably spend as much then. I would not order an item just for sizing purposes only knowing that I'm just using it as a trial and hoping for a future sale date. I don't think that's fair to you. It's just a suggestion, not really a critique of any sort.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the A1 size 6, for the linen polos same. That's the two I have. 6'2, 180 lbs, 40" chest, and even I wear both in 6. Could go for 5s but would be snug, esp. the A1.

Good to hear. I stole the size 6 brown herringbone for $155...I'm expecting the authorities at any moment. I thought it might be a little big, but sounds like it could be perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics