1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Let's just say that I find that (a) they're not a very flattering representation of Hidetaka's talent, and (b) there are much better shoes at that price level. I couldn't put those in our shop next to Vass and look you guys in the eyes (virtually) and tell you you should buy them. This is the ultimate test for me to consider putting something in our store.

5 people like this.
  2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Thank you for sharing. Pound for pound, hard to beat Vass. I know you've been a fan of Vass for approximately a decade now.

However, don't you think that the iM RTW shoes fill a different niche?

The iM shoes RTW at the current exchange rate retail are about $650 from Tomorrowland Tokyo, I believe. They only had a few RTW models on display (about 5 or so), but I thought they were nice and sleek with good leathers.

What are your thoughts on Clematis RTW?

3. gdl203

You're right, we're spoiled by selling some of the best shoes in the world, at an incredible value. It has made it very hard for me to add other shoes to the line-up with good conscience. Barbanera was filling a nice niche for a different aesthetic at an incredible value IMO given the construction, leather quality and detailing. But stars became misaligned there, retail pricing went through the roof and we don't feel that we would offer compelling value at the new pricing - so we stopped retailing them.

I don't know what would be another great option for our customers besides Vass, but I know it's not IM RTW. Those are made at a specific quality level for a specific market, and they're not a good match for us IMO.

I haven't handled Clematis RTW so I cannot comment.

What I know though, is that we (as a NoMan/SF community) are not making a good use of Vass's abilities. We could run many more rounds of MTOs at fantastic value, precisely to fill some aesthetic niches that we are not currently filling well with our Vass line-up.

I'm very open and would love to take care of GMTO for you guys - but I found that it works best when you guys discuss and come up with make-up ideas. I am happy to frame those discussions and start GMTOs around ideas with the most traction.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Hey guys Happy Holidays!

2 people like this.
  5. Itsuo

Itsuo Senior member

6. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

GMTO idea: black suede wholecuts. Unusual shoe that's difficult to find RTW but I find it extremely useful. Elegant option for evening wear when you want to be more casual and you can wear with navy SC and flannels too.

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Isn't there a danger of it looking a bit like bedroom slippers? At least at first blush.

8. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe they have a little bit of a house slipper feel, which helps them work as an evening shoe. But at the same time they've got a heel and laces, so I don't think anyone would actually confuse them for a slipper.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I agree with Greg. NMWA could corner the VASS GMTO market. Other retailers are already jumping in on this VASS GMTO space.

What Greg could offer is unique leathers and makeups exclusive to NMWA. That's where the value is here in my opinion.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Vass museum calf and shell are both tremendous values

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

other retailers also offer these though.

12. gdl203

I don't care about cornering any market. I just want our customers and SF family to know that we can facilitate the make of shoes that we don't currently retail, with the amazing quality that Vass offers, with the advantageous pricing obtained when ordering as a group, and above all, with the peace of mind that comes from ordering from No Man Walks Alone. You'll never pay shipping, duties, you'll never have to "work around" your legal obligations when ordering from us. It's simple, easy and it stays in the family.

6 people like this.
  13. FLW

FLW Senior member

Vass GMTO is fantastic idea. Black suede anything is a fantastic idea. Wholecuts are a fantastic idea. Christmas makes me very agreeable.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  14. forex

forex Senior member

Greg, somewhere I saw a picture of you wearing Blue Blue Japan patchwork jacket, is that size XL or XXL?

15. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

[​IMG]

16. gdl203

2 people like this.
  17. forex

forex Senior member

^^Thanks, your looks different from the one you are offering this season. Are you XL in BBJ across the board? Measurements provided on your website appear to be different from measurements of the same jacket I've seen in other places. Based on NMWA measures, I should be XL but based on other measures, I should be XXL. Does BBJ offer different sizing for the same jacket? [​IMG]

18. gdl203

Mine is the SS16 version that we sold in the summer. AFAIK, there's only one sizing across retailers. The FW items are often cut a little larger than the summer ones (room for layering)

19. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

The new tax free limit us $800, don't most Vass come in under that threshold?
    Aren't other SF retailers also "famly"?

20. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member