• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So finally pulled the trigger on my first Eidos item and it was this beautiful navy suit. Don't know how well it will fit but figure I have to give it a try before ruling Eidos out for me. I just love the lapels but mixed feelings about the very open quarters.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any chance of an Inis Mean linen knit pre order again?

Yes. In fact, we're debuting it tomorrow at the SF trunk show and will close orders at the NYC trunk show in Nov 7. We'll also have it online between the two.

So finally pulled the trigger on my first Eidos item and it was this beautiful navy suit. Don't know how well it will fit but figure I have to give it a try before ruling Eidos out for me. I just love the lapels but mixed feelings about the very open quarters.

If you like the lapels, you should like the quarters too, since they're balanced accordingly. There's a certain vertical symmetry that is required to make the proportions of a jacket work - lapels and quarters go hand in hand.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. In fact, we're debuting it tomorrow at the SF trunk show and will close orders at the NYC trunk show in Nov 7. We'll also have it online between the two.
If you like the lapels, you should like the quarters too, since they're balanced accordingly. There's a certain vertical symmetry that is required to make the proportions of a jacket work - lapels and quarters go hand in hand.

Awesome, will be checking online and making my order as soon as it goes up.

Thanks mate.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I meant this more in regards to not knowing how they will look on me personally. I'm sure you heard the criticism on the Eidos fit in regards to the quarters, so I'm just hoping my thin frame will not make it look as bad as I seen on some with wider hips(if that really was the problem.)Still I personally love how it looks on some, recently becoming a fan of Liverano.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The quarters on the eidos jackets have changed from the initial iteration. The quarters have been refined with the advent of the NMWA model.

Also, heading to Chicago next month, and, as usual, somewhat concerned about the cold weather. Oh wait, I forgot about all my clothes from NMWA! Cannot recommend the Valstar field jacket enough. This is a size 50 (which is TTS for me), and underneath it is the bull's wool in one picture, and the inis meian aran sweater in the other. It is hard to keep this warm without really looking like you are piling on the coats!

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm headed to England in December and have no warm weather gear. I need that jacket or I will freeze to death...at least that's how I'm trying to justify the purchase.

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score

What's the most reasonably early time you'll be open for visitors to the trunk show? I'm happy to bring the coffee :cheers:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm headed to England in December and have no warm weather gear. I need that jacket or I will freeze to death...at least that's how I'm trying to justify the purchase.

That is a legitimate reason. It also looks good without a sweater underneath, which is more than can be said for a lot of heavy outerwear.

And a SS scarf? Nice! It may even be cold up here by next month.

It will be cold by my metric! And yep, SS scarf, Merola peccary gloves, big john jeans :).

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The quarters on the eidos jackets have changed from the initial iteration. The quarters have been refined with the advent of the NMWA model.

Also, heading to Chicago next month, and, as usual, somewhat concerned about the cold weather. Oh wait, I forgot about all my clothes from NMWA! Cannot recommend the Valstar field jacket enough. This is a size 50 (which is TTS for me), and underneath it is the bull's wool in one picture, and the inis meian aran sweater in the other. It is hard to keep this warm without really looking like you are piling on the coats!

Talk to me Newc, is this exact the same field jacket as current run?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost. The back collar of mine is lined in suede. That is about it though... Other than that they look the same!

The coat is a LOT warmer than it looks, as @PatrickR can surely attest.

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost. The back collar of mine is lined in suede. That is about it though... Other than that they look the same!

The coat is a LOT warmer than it looks, as @PatrickR can surely attest.

Poor PatrickR. Patrick R (me) can definitely attest that the coat is warm. It takes me deep into the Chicago winter before I need to switch to the Valstar parka.
fistbump.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads