• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming 21oz isn't considered very thick? That Green Ulster DB looks lovely but I'm trying to figure out how warm/cold I'll be in it wearing a sportcoat or sweater. Chicago winters can get damp and cold but thankfully I drive to work...

Also I don't own any Eidos jackets but I'm typically a 38R in all my suits/jackets. I assume I'd take the same?

Yes, 21 oz is pretty average weight for overcoating. There are overcoating fabrics around 1000 grs in the swatch books.

The DBs will definitely be warmer than the SB (more coverage of course, but also longer)

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bemberg lining provides virtually zero insulation unless the outer fabric is an open weave, so it just comes down to preferences and stylistic decisions.  It feels different on the body than a lined jacket.   We typically do lined suits and unlined sport coats with Eidos (Antonio would do everything unlined) - it adds a little variety.

Many thanks. Always learning.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, 21 oz is pretty average weight for overcoating. There are overcoating fabrics around 1000 grs in the swatch books.

The DBs will definitely be warmer than the SB (more coverage of course, but also longer)

Thank you sir. That Green Casentino DB is calling my name. A quality winter overcoat is the last missing piece in my wardrobe...or at least that's what I plan to tell the wife.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Eidos Napoli SC's + Suits all went up on the site today?

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Are either the measurements or a tailoring credit available for the Eidos overcoats (since the sleeves are unfinished)?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are either the measurements or a tailoring credit available for the Eidos overcoats (since the sleeves are unfinished)?

We can provide sleeves measurements if you'd like. The unfinished sleeves were a little bit a of a surprise to us, and our system is not set up to calculate tailoring credits on overcoats, but overcoat sleeves buttons are generally applied, not cut, so it should be quite inexpensive.

Thank you sir. That Green Casentino DB is calling my name. A quality winter overcoat is the last missing piece in my wardrobe...or at least that's what I plan to tell the wife.

fistbump.gif

The Eidos Napoli SC's + Suits all went up on the site today?

Yes, everything is up now.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Eidos DB brown corduroy is pure sechs. What model is the jacket? Is the drop a 6 inch one? I want to try it, but for most Eidos SCs I've tried, I have a divot problem below the sleevehead. Sleeves may be too tight.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Been waiting on that brown corduroy suit ever since the fw15 presentation and.... 54 is already sold out :(

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just got in today, quick and dirty picture!

Size 52s are going back.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the Oatmeal flannel Formosa trouser? Looks good, and 52 is my size.... :nodding:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks. Always learning.

If you want real warmth...you can line with silk which wears very warm...but it has the downside of not being very breathable so it limits its uses to when you need warmth and also that it wears out much faster than bemberg.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Been waiting on that brown corduroy suit ever since the fw15 presentation and.... 54 is already sold out :(

I'm sorry about that... Would 54L be too long for you? I ordered one for myself but I'd be happy for you to have it. Just email [email protected] if you want it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics