• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know it was a rule. I travel frequently with a solid black kit. Never had any issue.

You seriously didn't know this was a rule? There's been redundant signs all through airport security lines repeating the same 3-1-1 rule for a full decade now. I have not once gone through security without (a) seeing those signs and (b) having to listen to a TSA agent stand there and ramble off the same rules about shoes, liquids and laptops

Seriously never paid attention since I have never had an issue. I'm laughing because that sounds stupid, but it's true.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just too paranoid to not pay attention to the guy with the uniform, shiny badge and commanding voice. I tend to stick to the rules.

Last edited:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do know the 3oz rule because they enforce that against my wife.

Last edited:

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TSA is remarkably inconsistent about this rule. I haven't kept my toiletries in a ziploc bag in years and haven't had any problems.

Jobst

Reaction score
I used to forget to take my liquids bag out all the time, and eventually stopped bothering altogether. If they spot bottles on the x-ray (and actually do something about it) you'll likely be in for a bag search.

I have found the UK more strict on this. Twice I didn't take the bag out and they spotted it. I was then in for a painstakingly slow bag search where I had to remove every item in my bag one by one, pass it to the officer where they inspected it from all sides, swabbed it with the explosives detector, and put it on a tray for another x-ray. I also got a full pat down. The whole process took about 20 minutes. Happened once at Heathrow, and once at a tiny airport in the North.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

You seriously didn't know this was a rule? There's been redundant signs all through airport security lines repeating the same 3-1-1 rule for a full decade now. I have not once gone through security without (a) seeing those signs and (b) having to listen to a TSA agent stand there and ramble off the same rules about shoes, liquids and laptops

This. Although you're exempt if you are TSA Pre-check. And yeah, they don't always enforce it. But sometimes they do, and they can be real dicks about it when they do.
Also:

Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What style of pocket square goes with this? I was thinking white linen or white linen with a blue edge. If I went with the blue edge would a navy work or should it be a lighter shade of blue?
Which square is in the picture? Thanks for any help in advance.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Chaconne

Yes to white/off white linen. I'm thinking cream colored. Not sure I'd go with navy. Maybe even a faint pink color as a different hue of the burgundy in the tie.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Chaconne

Yes to white/off white linen. I'm thinking cream colored. Not sure I'd go with navy. Maybe even a faint pink color as a different hue of the burgundy in the tie.

Thanks, need to get one ASAP.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Memories of summer. All NoMan gear, except hat (Vibskov)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going old school NMWA today...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads