• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some updates on the trunk show next week :

•  we will be taking MTO orders for Vass shoes & boots  (you can go creative there !)
•  we will be taking MTO orders for Rota trousers (same cut, 150+ fabrics to choose from)
•  we're working on confirming a potential 3rd MTO event - stay tuned
•  we will be doing a special discount for the trunk on a couple of brands
•  we will have a few samples for sale at cost

That's all for now :)

wow. Shame i'm going to miss this, especially the samples and special discount on the brands!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above impressions of the Casentino coat. The sleeves are so slim that sizing up likely will not fit an odd jacket underneath. (I bought my usual size, 50.) The coat was simply not designed for that. It's best to think of it (the DB version anyways) as a rakish alternative to the peacoat.

The coat is beautiful and very warm. It fits well in the shoulders and the sleeves are the right length. It is a bit snug in the waist with a slim sweater. I'm going to have to test it with slightly thicker sweaters.

Shipping was fast and the packaging is first-rate.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah I was hoping I could wear jacket underneath...

mezentius

Reaction score
Well, this is wearing mine over my most padded SC. Upper body feels packed solid, and sleeves are a bit short, so I'm giving the size-up a go. Hopefully the shoulder still fits. Thoughts?

Should the size up be a bit too big, I will still keep the smaller one and have the sleeves let out. Unfortunately, they haven't done the weathered treatment (which is imho not at all over the top) to the inside, thus making lengthening a bit more difficult, but the moment I opened the bag and held the coat I fell in love with it - I will find a way!

Wade

Reaction score
has anyone ordered the cashmere turtlenecks? Thoughts? I've been looking around for a black cashmere turtleneck but might go with the charcoal one since NMWA don't have a black one

Asian Afro

Reaction score
I ordered the brown turtleneck last week but it has yet to reach me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mezentius, aside from the short sleeves, i think that looks great.

mezentius

Reaction score
mezentius, aside from the short sleeves, i think that looks great.

Yeah, I do love the look of it too, but I'm not sure if "packed solid" is how I should feel when wearing a coat. It isn't constrictively uncomfortable, in fact I may appreciate the snugness once in the cold, but it definitely is a bit difficult to put on, and is a bit restrictive on my movements. Of course, I have no prior experience with coats (having mainly lived in Australia, where I would get maybe one week's use a year out of such piece), so that might be what outerwear is supposed to be like?

(And, of course, if the larger one fits better over my SCs it might save me a bit of trouble with weathering the sleeves)

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some updates on the trunk show next week :

• we will be taking MTO orders for Vass shoes & boots (you can go creative there !)
• we will be taking MTO orders for Rota trousers (same cut, 150+ fabrics to choose from)
• we're working on confirming a potential 3rd MTO event - stay tuned
• we will be doing a special discount for the trunk on a couple of brands
• we will have a few samples for sale at cost

That's all for now :)

Separately, I would like to get a sense of who may be interested in a Sartoria Formosa bespoke event (prices will obviously be quite a bit higher than our series of OTR suits) in December in NYC?

We'll make it happen if there's enough interest

:eek:

NYC's got all the good stuff...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mezentius, i think its really just a matter of personal comfort and taking into account how often you will be actually wearing it over a SC as opposed to just over a shirt or a shirt and thin v-neck sweater.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Mezentius-that's pretty much how I feel in the LBM polo. I feel a bit packed (slleves and armholes) with a jacket or suit. However, I don't particularly mind as my time in both is relatively short, plus it fits great with more casual rigs. If you are spending a lot of time in it with a jacket on, you may feel differently.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another inis shot. minimal inis vis, but it fits wonderfully under a pea coat.

sorry for crappy nighttime pic.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------

Planning to attend
1. gdl203

Please bring:
1. Cantarelli navy blazer

-------------------------------------------------------------

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's actually kind of a cool pick. Sharp looking coat. My DB Mackintosh has led me to really understand the warmth value of having a tall collar standing up (be it a sweater or on the coat itself).

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Planning to attend
1. gdl203
2. DLJr

Please bring:
1. Cantarelli navy blazer
2. Big Johns Slim & Regular Size 32 and Pitch Perfect

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads