• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
need some ******* tux pants

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got my Casentino and you weren't kidding about it being slim. But when life gives you coats that don't fit, return them and buy more Drake's ties.

This part of my order is really great though!

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you really need to size up. I would be very surprised if it would fit anyone TTS who was wearing a sweater of some sort.

Scrumptious ties and shirts, gents.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some updates on the trunk show next week :

•  we will be taking MTO orders for Vass shoes & boots  (you can go creative there !)
•  we will be taking MTO orders for Rota trousers (same cut, 150+ fabrics to choose from)
•  we're working on confirming a potential 3rd MTO event - stay tuned
•  we will be doing a special discount for the trunk on a couple of brands
•  we will have a few samples for sale at cost

That's all for now :)

The Vass MTO sounds . . . dangerous. What is the upcharge for a one-off MTO?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More details to come soon

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we see it any way?

Sure thing. I am going to have to really disagree with Mr. K about the distressing. I think it is a perfect level and really gels with the overall look of the fabric. Anyway, here it is. Looks great unbuttoned but tight buttoned with a thin sweater. Also for anyone trying to judge the fit, I'm only 5'5 so it looks normal on me but it's on the shorter side for overcoats.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EmartNJ, can't tell from your pics, does it hit below, above your knees? Also, what is you tts jacket and which sz did you order (returning) ? Thanks

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a 38 and it hits right above my knee. I usually wear a 38s and have to have the waist let out a bit because I am shaped like a rectangle. This coat has some suppression to it that doesn't work for me. The sleeves are slim also so it works with a sweater but not so much with a jacket.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i think the casentino is not supposed to be an overcoat which i was originally confused about and just on its own

sucks that it didn't work out, i love waist suppression in coats

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, with regard to my Casentino (and I getting the navy this week to test out which one I prefer), I have found that the sleeves are cut very close and that might preclude the wearing of a sportcoat underneath. Personally, I bought it more for use with knitwear, so this is a non-issue for me. But as someone with mildly muscular arms, it definitely is a tighter fit.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think the casentino is not supposed to be an overcoat which i was originally confused about and just on its own

sucks that it didn't work out, i love waist suppression in coats

I think you are right. It's a dope fabric though so I hope one of you skinny guys grabs this when it's back up.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EMart - love the tie.

the coat looks great in the unbuttoned pic. i have a casual type SB coat (not casentino) and i pretty much always wear it open, so the fact that it fits tight when closed is a non issue for me. ymmv.

Also, plus one to jets love of suppression in coats.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some updates on the trunk show next week :

•  we will be taking MTO orders for Vass shoes & boots  (you can go creative there !)
•  we will be taking MTO orders for Rota trousers (same cut, 150+ fabrics to choose from)
•  we're working on confirming a potential 3rd MTO event - stay tuned
•  we will be doing a special discount for the trunk on a couple of brands
•  we will have a few samples for sale at cost

That's all for now :)

Trying to re-arrange some work travel to make the trunk show - regardless, I definitely would be interested in MTO Rota trousers. Hope I can make it in person though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads