• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camel DB Casentino incoming! I rolled the dice and went with my normal size (50) so I could wear it over a sweater as well as over an odd jacket.

Thanks for the order ! But I must say that I'd be surprised if that worked out for you - especially the part about wearing it over a jacket. These coats fit small - everyone sized up 1 and some people sized up 2.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hope you enjoy it, Nuke.

Thanks bro, much appreciated. I will definitely take some pictures and such tonight!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's not to like about those pockets !
inlove.gif

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a better thick-ish/scraggly-ish/casual-ish jacket than the Oliver Spencer Plymouth... doing my due diligence before ordering. :embar:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's not to like about those pockets ! :inlove:

Ain't that the truth.

Greg, very happy with both the button down shirt and the Casentino. And looking forward to getting my pents back.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some fit pics. Including a movement pic. What say you guys? Excuse the ****** pics.

And here is a more organic picture:

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the order ! But I must say that I'd be surprised if that worked out for you - especially the part about wearing it over a jacket. These coats fit small - everyone sized up 1 and some people sized up 2.
You are probably right for many guys, but I've gotten used to a Pitti tight fit for my sportscoats and overcoats. Either that, or pretty oversized. After having experienced the extremes, and the interesting silhouettes they create, it's hard to go back to the middle ground.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer, what sz is that? Silhoutte from pics looks like you can sz down if planning to wear w/o SC's. Not sure if b/c of photo angle though but overall it looks good on you...

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is only wearing a shirt underneath, I would not size down until trying it on at least with a knit underneath. No one would wear this with just a shirt

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Newcomer, what sz is that? Silhoutte from pics looks like you can sz down if planning to wear w/o SC's. Not sure if b/c of photo angle though but overall it looks good on you...

Thanks man. Honestly, the photo angle really isn't the best, and makes it look boxier than it is. I do not have any of my knitwear out yet, so did not really have a chance to try the jacket on as I would have liked to. I did throw on a cable knit sweater, and it fit well underneath that. But there is honestly no way I could fit into a smaller size. I definitely cannot wear a sportcoat under it, as it stands.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are probably right for many guys, but I've gotten used to a Pitti tight fit for my sportscoats and overcoats.  Either that, or pretty oversized.  After having experienced the extremes, and the interesting silhouettes they create, it's hard to go back to the middle ground.  

Yeah, that's the look I'm going for. I'm on the slim side of 40R -- I wear 38R on occasion depending on the cut/make -- so I'm hoping to make it work. Worst case scenario, I'll be showing up at the trunk show with the coat for an in-person return or exchange.

Newcomer, the coat looks a bit big, but obviously what I see is not as important as what you feel. The shoulders look a touch wide, but well within the range of acceptable. I think you're going to need to shorten the sleeves a few inches from the shoulder. The waist could be nipped in a bit as well.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shoulders look big in a Rubinacci kind of way and not a wrong size kinda way. Can't wait to get mine on Monday!

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
You are probably right for many guys, but I've gotten used to a Pitti tight fit for my sportscoats and overcoats.  Either that, or pretty oversized.  After having experienced the extremes, and the interesting silhouettes they create, it's hard to go back to the middle ground.  

Yeah, that's the look I'm going for. I'm on the slim side of 40R -- I wear 38R on occasion depending on the cut/make -- so I'm hoping to make it work. Worst case scenario, I'll be showing up at the trunk show with the coat for an in-person return or exchange.

For what it's worth, I got the DB casentino coat in size 50, and could not get a size 40 Southwick (for Epaulet) sport coat (Napoli) under it. I wasn't really planning to wear a sport coat with it, so not a big deal for me, but I thought I'd try it. A sweater should work fine though.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ambulance Chaser we won't have all our inventory at the trunk show so definitely let me know if you need a particular piece brought in for an exchange. Thanks

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newcomer, the coat looks a bit big, but obviously what I see is not as important as what you feel. The shoulders look a touch wide, but well within the range of acceptable. I think you're going to need to shorten the sleeves a few inches from the shoulder. The waist could be nipped in a bit as well.

Yes, I certainly agree, it could use a trip to my tailor. The waist could be nipped, and the sleeves shortened. But honestly, I kind of like my coats to feel on the bigger rather than smaller side. And I really like the sleeves as is. Most of my clothes do not fit very tight, I find it very uncomfortable. The tricky thing with an overcoat is that you want it to be the right size in multiple situations. It needs to feel as comfortable with a thin pullover as it does with a chunky knit sweater. I feel that is a difficult area to straddle.

The shoulders look big in a Rubinacci kind of way and not a wrong size kinda way. Can't wait to get mine on Monday!

I look forward to seeing pics!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads