• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

steveoly

Reaction score

You could shorten from the top but your tailor might not be able to replicate their work putting the shoulder back together that well, idk.

That would be my worry. I'm in Omaha where it's more "alterationist" than "tailor" in most cases.

you can have your tailor move the gauntlet

See reply above...would be scared to try something like that without knowing how it would turn out.

Don't be discouraged by the sleeve length measurements of the G.Inglese. FWIW, I bought a Mazzarelli and a G.Inglese in the same size (15/38) and the G.Inglese sleeves end up shorter than the Mazzarelli. This is due to a narrower shoulder on the G.Inglese.

This is a great point which I didn't even think about. I guess I'll now give Inglese a try :slayer:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
G - will there be an option for faster shipping eventually? Free shipping is awesome and always appreciated, but it takes about a week to get to the West Coast.

ezlau

Reaction score

That would be my worry. I'm in Omaha where it's more "alterationist" than "tailor" in most cases.
See reply above...would be scared to try something like that without knowing how it would turn out.
This is a great point which I didn't even think about. I guess I'll now give Inglese a try :slayer:

FWIW, I have an asian build and I'm 5'9" 150lbs, so that should give you an idea of how the 15/38 fits (G.Inglese = no alteration needed, it fits slim and almost perfectly). My Mazzarelli had the sleeves shortened about 1.5", and the sides had to be tapered. The tailor ended up removing some hand stitching details on the Mazzarelli, so I would STRONGLY suggest against altering the G.Inglese unless necessary, as the handmade details on the G.Inglese are WAY more and would be a shame to be "molested" by some sub-par tailors.

See few pages before where I posted a picture of the G.Inglese fit (red striped shirt).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G - will there be an option for faster shipping eventually? Free shipping is awesome and always appreciated, but it takes about a week to get to the West Coast.
You can pick faster shipping options at checkout

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that would be up to you or your tailor. The cuff is similar to a shirt cuff so it can easily be removed and reattached higher on the sleeve. I'm no tailor so I don't know which operation is easier or more efficient

Last edited:

steveoly

Reaction score

FWIW, I have an asian build and I'm 5'9" 150lbs, so that should give you an idea of how the 15/38 fits (G.Inglese = no alteration needed, it fits slim and almost perfectly). My Mazzarelli had the sleeves shortened about 1.5", and the sides had to be tapered. The tailor ended up removing some hand stitching details on the Mazzarelli, so I would STRONGLY suggest against altering the G.Inglese unless necessary, as the handmade details on the G.Inglese are WAY more and would be a shame to be "molested" by some sub-par tailors.

See few pages before where I posted a picture of the G.Inglese fit (red striped shirt).

I saw those pics which really piqued my interest even moar. I agree with not letting a sub-par tailor mess with the shirt. I did go ahead and add an Inglese to my order. Will report back. Thanks for your input.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** want casentino, pockets are growing on me

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** want casentino, pockets are growing on me

I am not sure of the origin of that type of pocket but Woody Allen has them on almost all of his coats in his movies. That alone is a testament to their awesomeness.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
they do casual it down a bit

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flapped envelope pockets are actually quite traditional for overcoats

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Asian Afro

Reaction score

You need to measure trousers that fit well (if possible comparable ones like slim flat fronts), not your true waist.  If only for the reason that these don't sit at the true waist.

In that case, I can measure Epaulet's Slim Walts. It would help if there are thigh measurements on the NMWA web site as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
2nd coat pocket looks terrible

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads