• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, yeah will have to see how this looks with solid brown jacket first, thought it might take a solid tie. saw a mannequin in the store with a similar shirt, sportcoat, trousers, and a tie-- very Italian,but not sure if I could pull it off

But do you really want to wear a tie with that shirt?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that reminds me, i almost always like how the mannequins in the RL store in chevy chase look. makes me want to buy stuff. so, great success on their part.

steveoly

Reaction score
Man I wish I could try the Inglese shirts but I'd have to lop off like 2.5" from the sleeve, which would really make the sleeve gauntlet look weird. I did pull the trigger on a Mazzarelli and will report back when I get it.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Greg's very persuasive on the Rotas, but the smallest waist available is 32.7". Not sure how that translates to a body with current true waist around 29.5". I may give them a shot some time down the road. Getting a cheap pair of Incotex to try first.

usually you can take in a waist 2.5 inches or so without a problem

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Man I wish I could try the Inglese shirts but I'd have to lop off like 2.5" from the sleeve, which would really make the sleeve gauntlet look weird. I did pull the trigger on a Mazzarelli and will report back when I get it.

You could shorten from the top but your tailor might not be able to replicate their work putting the shoulder back together that well, idk.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you can have your tailor move the gauntlet

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if I could squeeze into a 56 in the consentino coat, being a 56L?
Is it worth a try?
Will I keep it even if it doesnt fit, just so i can touch it?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wonder if I could squeeze into a 56 in the consentino coat, being a 56L?
Is it worth a try?
Will I keep it even if it doesnt fit, just so i can touch it?

yes. kop now before its too late!!!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg's very persuasive on the Rotas, but the smallest waist available is 32.7". Not sure how that translates to a body with current true waist around 29.5". I may give them a shot some time down the road. Getting a cheap pair of Incotex to try first.
You need to measure trousers that fit well (if possible comparable ones like slim flat fronts), not your true waist. If only for the reason that these don't sit at the true waist.

ezlau

Reaction score

Don't be discouraged by the sleeve length measurements of the G.Inglese. FWIW, I bought a Mazzarelli and a G.Inglese in the same size (15/38) and the G.Inglese sleeves end up shorter than the Mazzarelli. This is due to a narrower shoulder on the G.Inglese.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads