• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will wait for Greg to chime in, of course, but I figured I would step in and comment on the Rota trousers I received last night. I have had my hands on Rota trousers and HY trousers, and I definitely think that the construction on the former are more "solid." The fabric also feels more luxurious. I think that HY trousers are a great value, especially in the price range, but they definitely feel a little flimsier than the Rota trousers. I think that both are very nice trousers, they are just at difference price points. The buttons are nicer on the Rota, and personally I find the cut a bit more flattering on me. But then, I have yet to try HY's american made trousers.

Going forward, I think there is more than enough room in my wardrobe for both.

As for Panta, the Rota trousers are about the same price as Panta. In fact, with the tailoring discount and the SF discount, I think the Rota trousers will come out less.

Also, thought I would mention... got one more thing incoming.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Greg- If you can bring the Big John 12 oz regular straight cut jeans and the 14 oz slim tapered jeans in size 32 to the trunk show (16th), I can bring a copy of Pitch Perfect.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think one of the real sleeper "gems" on the NMWA website are the Tubo belts. I just received the brown leather one and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the soft grain leather and it's beautiful buckle. At $155 it has to be the very best value I've found in a belt. Of course there are cheaper belts but not close to this quality. Greg, you have done a remarkable job tracking down stylish clothing and accessories that offer quality and value. Congratulations.

Speaking of belts, one of my pet peeves is when someone wears nice tailored clothes head-to-toe but then wears a belt with dark wear marks and stretched notches. To me that is like wearing a tie with gravy stains or a jacket with torn seams. Although it seems easy to ignore, it can really make the difference in how you look.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you buy a new belt every half year to avoid stretched belt loop holes??

Tube belt is a novelty accessory to me and would prefer knowing how they hold up in years, especially at the high stress areas at the middle of lower back and right under belly.

johanm

Reaction score

Greg. I read a little bit about the Rota trousers. Can you give brief explanation as to why these particular pants are on the higher priced side? I guess compared to others such as Howard Yount, Epaulet, etc. Just curious.

I think the higher price is due to the fabric, which is a cut above what you will typically find at the Epaulet price point. I love Epaulet pants and own several pairs myself, but the NMWA's Rota heavy brushed cotton is heavier, softer, and richer in color, basically competitive with Borrelli, LP, and even H&S/Scabal bespoke offerings. There's also the pick stitching on the outseam, which I personally find to be pretty attractive.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Greg, do you have any photos of the Oliver Spencer boiled wool blazer being worn? I would need the 46 due to getting the largest shoulder size available.

Also, what is the sleeve length on the 46, please?

Last edited:

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If such a thing as a slightly higher waistline and longer rise on cotton Rota pants were in the offing I would be all over that. Not sure if that is what MTO entails or it's more about choose your stock size and fabric. (?)

+1 on the pick stitched outer seams, looks quite nice on a thicker casual pant from what I recall.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully if NY Trunk show is successful. San Francisco will be next on the list. I would be willing to make the trip for it.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If such a thing as a slightly higher waistline and longer rise on cotton Rota pants were in the offing I would be all over that. Not sure if that is what MTO entails or it's more about choose your stock size and fabric. (?)

+1 on the pick stitched outer seams, looks quite nice on a thicker casual pant from what I recall.

For some reason both Formosa suit pants and Rota pants have around 10" rise. Reads like they sits at low waist or at hip, even my Uniqlo pants have higher.

Or maybe I am wrong and measured wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads