٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No prob. Sometimes the second number is the sleeve length (but you would know that... It would be a 3 handle)

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have the same issues with the OS shirts as LD does. I suppose I can take my chances that size 16 will be sufficiently slim to fit me, but if it fits you (Greg), it's likely not to fit me.

I own several of the fishtail trousers and think they are a great buy, even at full retail. The Alpha jersey jacket is one of my biggest non-kopping regrets. The other items don't inspire an "I gotta have it!" response in me for whatever reason. Although now I'm giving the cotton zipped jersey jacket a second look . . .

3. Irish

Irish Senior member

I know Esemplare bomber runs small, but does it run small enough to make an otherwise Large (Sz 42, 6'2" 185) man into an Extra Extra Large?

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Yes IMHO. I'm your height, about 10 lbs heavier and I take XXL in Esemplare.

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

The OS shirts have been very interesting to me since you posted them in the fall. I like the Eton ones in particular.

Much like another poster said earlier, my budget over the last half a year has been such that casual shirts were just not a priority (Clothing budget went primarily into a new suit and looking for a new winter coat). Come January things were good, but NMWA was in sale mode and I've burned enough money through the years on non-returnable items that it's just not worth it to me.

tl;dr -- timing for me, sadly. I will take another look at them later tonight though since you mention it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I have no excuse. I should own an OS shirt.

I am sorry.

7. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

We have the same size/width feet...0.5 for thicker socks, but if you were looking to wear a boot (such as the Lothier/Corde Suede in the spring/summer) with thinner socks, do you think you would have preferred going down a full size? Or do you always wear thicker socks. Curious what Greg would say too.

As far as the Lothier goes, due to it's make up and light color, would you say that it's strictly a boot for casual gear? Or could it cross over into a more dressy outfit.

Thanks.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Obviously this will vary based on body shape, but shirts are one of the few items that I really do not feel any need or interest in going customs for.

I can find more than enough off the rack options that are top-quality and fit very well. Especially because my shirt is almost always covered by another layer of clothing I am much less picky about how exacting the fit is.

That said, there are so many ties on final markdown that I want so badly.

9. King Calder

King Calder Senior member

Convinced and copped: grabbed a pink oxford Inglese to compare to my Ascot Chang. (Among other things.) I'm very, very interested to see how it turns out. Thanks, all.

10. unbelragazzo

11. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Actually mine is two parter, measurement request and whether an item qualifies for a tailoring credit. I PM'ed you the question about the tailoring credit on the 15th. I think that should be quick and easy to answer. Could please you check your PM's or should I just e-mail that question?

12. in stitches

Good picks, unbel. I should probably get that second one. It's the type of tie that due to its design I would never think to pick it up on my own, but I will probably see it in a fit by someone else and be mad that I don't have one.

Sometimes it's good to break out of your comfort zone and pick up something that you would not have picked out had it not been pointed out to you.

13. unbelragazzo

That one's actually pretty versatile IMHO. Would look very good with a grey suit or a brown SC.

14. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

First time posting in this thread and coming over from advice in the Eidos thread. How can one arrange an Eidos MTO jacket?

15. in stitches

No question about that. I just meant that the design of the neat is not something that inherently appeals to me, but I often see on others and wish that I had one.