٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

this 100%.

I want to kop the blue striped oxford and if the dimensions of the 16.5/42 were online I likely would. But honestly I feel bad emailing you about specs for $100 shirt when I know ow busy you guys are...

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Pretty much this. I have a bunch of MTM shirts, but I also have 6-7 Inglese and plan on buying many more. You won't find a MTM operation that can make anything comparable. I'm at the point where I don't really need anymore shirts so if I have to chose between 2-3 quality MTM shirts or 1 handmade Inglese, it's an easy decision.

3. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

I love the Oliver Spencer bomber I bought last year, but given the shoulder width on the jacket, I know none of the OS shirts would fit me properly. I may get more OS jackets in the future knowing their shoulders might be a bit tight.

4. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I assume the unedited version read something like:

"Are you seriously that much of a dumbass?!"

I would accept that response as willingly as the one you posted. I knew it was worthwhile letting you know my honest answer even if it made you want to throw a heavy and sharp object at me.

5. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Re: the shirts, I have a bunch of MTM shirts also, but to me the most important things with shirts by far are the collar, the fabric, and the feel of the construction. Since I keep my jacket on all day, the fit in the body doesn't matter that much, as long as it's not causing sand dunes on the shirt front under my tie. I'd rather get really well made Inglese shirts, since I like their collar style and construction a lot, than pay the same amount for inferior construction and a collar style I can't try on before buying and might not like as much.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Waywrn and extra shots from the tundra of Tennessee (Smoky Mountains) where we just had an ice storm of epic proportions. Meaning cancelled flight after cancelled flight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

What's the turn around time for e-mail inquiries?

I sent it on the 10th and bumped it again on the 13th.

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Behold, the Bond villain.

9. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Just to offer my honest 2c...

Not only to OS shirts, but I have accepted the fact that NMWA sizing on most makers does not cater to a minority of smaller/shorter consumers, which make sense from an inventory standpoint. I have been lucky on a few I purchased. As much as I want to acquire more items, I have to pick and choose and pay close attention to sizing discussions, pm's and calling Greg/Kyle for details.

Having said that, I will continue to be a loyal customer and hoping for more hits....

10. gdl203

Sorry about the delay. Since the start of the final markdowns, it has been insane, with a queue of emails that never seems to get smaller. Turnaround depends on how easy the answer is. If the request is to go get a bunch of measurements off a garment, it will keep its place in the queue and we'll get to it when we can. If the question is easily answered (how does X fit?), we'll answer right away.

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I took at (re)look at the OS shirts to see if I could provide useful feedback on why they didn't grab me.
    Part of it is styling: I'm just not a fan of the eton/club collar styles.
    I do like the look of the Clerkenwell woven shirts. But I realized in looking at them and a few of the other OS shirts (I may have noted this before and just forgotten it) that OS seems to hate my size (which I know to my chagrin is pretty common shirt size around here). In dress shirts I take a 40/15.75. The fact that OS apparently doesn't do 1/4-inch gradations in neck size doesn't bother me in a casual shirt I'll wear open at the neck anyway, but there's also a weird (to me) gap in the chest sizes as well. There's 37, 38, 39, 41, and 42. But no 40.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015

12. gdl203

On a shirt size, neither of the two numbers is the chest size. It's just neck size in " and cm

13. gdl203

Just to be clear on sizes: the only reason we're cutting out some of the smaller XS and larger XXL sizes is purely because no one buys them. I'd love to buy and sell more sizes but after 3 seasons we now know what is just never selling.

14. King Calder

King Calder Senior member

Thanks for the insights gents. Strongly considering copping an Inglese shirt now to see what all the fuss is about.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

:embar:
    Thanks!