٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Probably 4 and L respectively.

2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's pretty cool, @NickPollica . I like the idea of a more closed quarters. I've not seen the Ciro yet, but perhaps that's a question for your thread and not this one.

3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I need this. Sounds perfect!

4. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Not surprisingly, We didn't sell a ton of the Ciro to stores but we do it almost exclusively in MTM. Greg is really the only retailer to get behind the idea of a fuller lapeled jacket. The Ciro came from me wearing the Lorenzo and finding things I wanted to change about it i.e.: closing the quarters, giving it the long Neapolitan chest dart that runs to the bottom of the coat to clean up the chest, etc. As it is now I love it but I wanted to make sure that Greg had something he was 100% excited about and I love the idea of the lower button stance.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I like DVN but generally our view is not to pursue brands that are already really well distributed, including online. If it's sold at Mr P, the Corner, Yoox, etc... then what's the point really? Just sitting on pretty expensive merchandise for a whole season waiting to see which of those will go for the most absurd markdowns? We're not supported by a multi-billion dollar conglomerate, we need to make some sort of profit to survive - and picking interesting makers that are not already sold everywhere and offering them at a good value is how we try to do that.
    G&G next to Vass at retail just doesn't make sense to me. The value isn't there.

Tweedyprof' remarks on AS are on point. We'd like to find the right brand around $500-600. It won't be AS going forward and the Internet doesn't need another Carmina outlet. We're exploring ideas there.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Id say that almost every one of the brands suggested here had been considered more or less seriously. Settefilli is not something I'm familiar with but will definitely take a look.

Keep them coming.

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Hmmm, suggestions for the store? Tough to say.

I am kind of on the "steezus take the wheel" train--Greg & Co. have done so well for me, that I am just going to let them do their thang.

More shirts other than Inglese, or Inglese in a more casual cut, would be great. Alternately, dress shirts in the $100-175 range would be so awesome.

Some lighter weight pents year-round would be great as well.

Other than that, the thing I love about this store is that it always surprises me. So keep on keeping on.

7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

That's great news, Greg.

I'm not trying to imply that you guys are profiting on the shipping. Based on my prior dealings with NWMA and going by what I know of you, making any profit on the shipping cost is the last thing I would expect.

What I'm wondering is whether Epaulet has some kind of arrangement that allows them to offer shipping at the price they do.

In any case, I look forward to the changes.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

I rather enjoy the obscure artisanal findings greg and co have been sourcing and look forward to more of the same.

Looking forward to more eidos but the casual stuff myself.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

interested to see what shoes you come up with, if any are needed, to hit the $600 range. agree, no more carmina needed online. what about bestetti blake-rapids, on some NMWA exclusive lasts?

10. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Just to throw some ideas out there:

Ludwig Reiter: Possibly redundant, given Vass, but I like their styles.
    Casa Fagliano: maker of bespoke polo boots in Argentina, although they also have a line of casual ready-to-wear shoes.
    Foster & Son: Not exactly hard to get, but you have to contend with international shipping or attend one of their trunk shows. The RTW models I saw were quite nice. They're not made by F&S, but some of the models feature old Peal/ Terry Moore-designed lasts.
    Maybe some of the Japanese RTW brands: Nutcracker has a good list.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  11. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Some blake-rapid welted shoes would be great (would like to avoid exploding gemming...just kidding).

Aw...I suppose given that Carminas are available on-line at various places, probably not the place NMWA will make headway. I get it. Will be curious what options are available in that range.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I think a NMWA x Viberg stocklist would be very interesting and a nice compliment to other footwear brands

13. malat

malat Senior member

This. Particularly with respect to the Japanese brands that I've not seen outside of Tokyo. Looking forward to next season's stock.

14. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

Agreed.

More buttero(boot) offerings would be appreciated as well, though I imagine that's something Greg already plans on doing

15. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

NMWA should become the first shop in the U.S. to stock japanese market Paraboot make ups.

Zonkey Boot mixed with NMWA taste level would be interesting to see also (though that could be redundant with Vass)

NMWA x FEIT exclusive make ups

NMWA x Foamposites

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015