• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey murl, if I could be completely honest--I really think it looks fine, and I would wear it without care. However, to pick nits, I think there is a little bit of incongruity with the jacket and sweater. The Bulls wool is just so heavy... Manly. I feel it requires a jacket that stands up to it.

The shoes are great though. Like, especially awesome. I want them bad.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aha. Id either give them one more roll, or hem them a tad. I think that look needs a cleaner break. Ymmv I guess.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think the risk is too much muddiness between the pants and sweater. In the first pic the sweater just looks kind of washed out and gray on my screen, but with the actual green and brown melange of the sweater, I think it looks good.

Thanks. I think it appears washed out because if he lighting. Doesn't look like that IRL. Appreciate the advice.

Hey murl, if I could be completely honest--I really think it looks fine, and I would wear it without care. However, to pick nits, I think there is a little bit of incongruity with the jacket and sweater. The Bulls wool is just so heavy... Manly. I feel it requires a jacket that stands up to it.

The shoes are great though. Like, especially awesome. I want them bad.

Thanks, I agree on the jacket. The shoes are the sh*t.

Aha. Id either give them one more roll, or hem them a tad. I think that look needs a cleaner break. Ymmv I guess.

Word. Gracias.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think it looks washed out, I think its a nice low contrast combo, and I think the jacket is very good with the sweater.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I dont think it looks washed out, I think its a nice low contrast combo, and I think the jacket is very good with the sweater.

Thanks. I'm not sure about that jacket, but it's staying on for the day. If it got colder here, I would have more outerwear options.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
props for being able to wear the bull wool and a jacket...I would sweat my B$lls off

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Thanks. They have that cotton twill inner seam (Epaulet)so most people roll them, but I'm too tall so they just get a little flip cuff.

I think you can get one more roll in them like Stitch said, but I wouldn't hem them. I wear mine either stacked and unrolled, or rolled twice for a cleaner break depending on the shoes. If you were rocking a pair of butteros there, I'd keep them as is, with the vass, I'd probably cuff once more. That said, I'm a total newb at this stuff.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

props for being able to wear the bull wool and a jacket...I would sweat my B$lls off 

I sweat whiskey and nicotine every time I wear my bulls wool… Lefty he told me I had to.

I think you can get one more roll in them like Stitch said, but I wouldn't hem them. I wear mine either stacked and unrolled, or rolled twice for a cleaner break depending on the shoes. If you were rocking a pair of butteros there, I'd keep them as is, with the vass, I'd probably cuff once more. That said, I'm a total newb at this stuff.

Problem solved… I walked outside and it was raining so I walked back in and threw on a pair of Buttero. Thanks for the advice.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God that ******* looks incredible. If you can somehow magically make my formosa hemp come tomorrow and it fits perfect then I can commit. Also my argument is my only out. If it wasnt flannel I probably would be more apt to spending that kinda cash.

It should come in less than a month or so right? And the flannel is only 13oz, so its not too heavy (if you were worried about that).

If you and stitches jump on (seems like he is close too), then we'd only need one more.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy LED lighting....not sure about this look.

OS/Inis Bully/Vass

I like it. I think the colors are great, I think the jacket works well with the sweater, I think all is right, except the pants hem, which then interferes with the rest of the fit up the leg. It's a minor point, but I think it makes a difference.

I think if you are going to have that extra length in the pants hem, it should be able to fall over the heel of the shoe, which then keeps the fit over the lower leg a little cleaner. I only had a few pictures to choose from on my laptop, but I found a shot of me in Rivet pants and Buttero shoes:

I think there are criticisms that can be made on my photo, but I think it shows how you can find a cleaner fit of the pants without going so far as to hem them as short as you might with wool trousers.

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, Patrick....cute kid. I'm at the office with Butteros on and I think all is good now.

Gotta love this forum....and of course NMWA.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Father and Son swag...great pic/fits

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff, Patrick.

Inis and Vass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads