٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Little bit more accurate color. IRL right between the two pics

[​IMG]

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

christmas isn't here yet.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Mistake...I did the same thing because I already have more beige sweaters than I can possibly keep track of, but this one looks really great.

5. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

I saw that Aran at NMWA today, it's fantastic. I wish I had a bit more money to blow during the MTO orders. Great pickup Ryden.

Also, not that this hasn't been said 100 times, Greg, Kyle, and David are always fantastic to deal with. Thanks for the help with the suit for DLJr Senior today.

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Schneider Juncus x Merola Gloves x Schneider Media Scarf x Buttero Suede Sneaks x Big Johns x Inglese Denim Shirt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

which pair is that?

and I really need that coat....

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

That is the slim tapered--after further consideration, the slim tapered is probably going to be the only one I keep. Still ruminating though.

9. venividivicibj

Are butteros resoleable?

10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I don't believe so.

Nice, Newc.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

That outfit is fantastic, @Newcomer. The Juncus is one of the best peacoat variations I have seen. Different enough from the standard peacoat to make a statement, not so out there as to be unwearable.

12. forex

forex Senior member

NewC, I like all your purchases, they look nice but since I live in the South myself, I can't help but think that it is an overkill. It doesn't really get cold here, how do you get to wear all this stuff? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should not keep kopping, I just have that issue, there are some many nice things Id like to buy, for example, Valstar parka coat but I would probably wear it 2 weeks tops. Teach me dude!

13. venividivicibj

This is styleforum. People buy things to wear for pictures, not for actually going outside and staying warm.

14. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Thanks Murl.

Also thanks AC, I really like the Juncus as well. Strangely enough, my father (who is not the best dressed person out there), really liked the Juncus. It was very, very strange. Normally he just looks at me like I am a martian when I wear something "different."

Just a small aside.

And Forex--what part of the South do you live in?

It was 46 this morning, which was pretty darn cold, and it will be around that, or less, when I finally leave tonight. But honestly, I am a sucker for outerwear, and I really just don't get to wear all of it, all the time.

As far as cold weather clothes go--I have the Juncus, the Merino coat, the Valstar Field Jacket, and the LBM Casentino. All of them really are not that warm to be honest. I would wear them between 35-60 degrees for the most part. The Merino with more layers could of course dip lower.

A lot of the time, I just try not to layer too much. With some of my heavier knits, I find them perfect as outerwear in the 40s - 50s. But I normally wear something I should have a knit underneath, and just wear a scarf if it looks awkward without one.

I guess my belief, is that it may not be that cold that often. But shit, when it is cold, you really, really, REALLY want something that keeps you warm. I also tend to travel a good deal, and it is nice to have some cold-weather stuff. Right now I am at the place where I have a coat for pretty much anything. That is a comfortable feeling to me.

15. forex

forex Senior member

I am in Atlanta and yes, it was cold this morning. I think it was 30 degrees this morning but it is also very sunny and will probably be around 60 by mid day. Problem is that you get into the car and spend most of the day in the office so you really only need to wear outerwear for 30 minutes.