Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

I'm a 36 and I wear a small in that toggle sweater. KOP IT NOW.

2. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Sold out lol

3. etostano

etostano Senior member

On the other end of the spectrum, thank you whoever else is ordering 2XL in Inis Meain so NMWA can justify stocking it again - picked up the charcoal donegal stonewall turtleneck this weekend and it is amazing - perfect for a wet and miserable night in NY right now.

4. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior member

Stupid question again.

So I kopped an Album scarf. It's awesome and very practical in the Great White North, but how can I integrate it with classic winter outerwear?

I can see it with my duffle coat. It would also go with my Merino coat, but I might overheat. I don't see it with my LBM overcoat. How else can I wear it? Am I missing the point?

(That mohair really sheds, by the way.)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

7. hanbei23

hanbei23 Senior member

I wear chucks size 8. This was pre-real shoes (i.e. college and first job), so my idea of a proper fit was off, and like many I wore sizes too big.

However for reference now, I am a size 40 in Vass and I took a size 39 in Butteros. They are snug, but not tight.

Buttero quality is exceptional. It is evident in the stitching, the leather, and of course overall design.

8. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

So .... if someone did grab the LBM navy basketweave overcoat in 52 or 54 and you change your mind or it doesn't work for you, let me know.

[​IMG]

9. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Pretty sure it'll look awesome with LBM overcoat, you just gotta do like Greg in that pic he posted and embrace it

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

10. AJL

AJL Senior member

That'd be me, Six (52). Didn't click on it til about 11:30, and we'd been chatting about it hours earlier, so you had plenty of time for koppage (funny how a thing becomes that much more desirable once it's unattainable; I'd likely have felt the same way. We are strange creatures indeed). That said, given my recent batting avg--sub .500--I'd say there's a fair chance something will be off with the fit, particularly since I'm flying blind on this one. Will keep u posted.

11. markmiller1127

markmiller1127 Active Member

I returned that coat in a 52 this past Saturday. It's very possible that it has not been processed yet as a return so keep an eye out!

12. gdl203

Last call, guys.

At noon ET, the golden carriage turns back into a pumpkin. (a real nice pumpkin, of course)

13. Keen

Keen Senior member

"Any answers for my question here:

I tried on a pair of Butteros in 44 today and they were decidedly too small. My toes were right up there, not really bent so to speak but still felt way too small. I feel like this would be a good opportunity to kop some, but I'm a bit hesitant if the 45s would fit. The models I'm interested in the hight top slip ons. I'm a 11.5UK in Edward Green Galways, last 82, and 11.5UK in Carmina Rain. Would a gamble be worth it, since they are supposed to fit large to size? I'm also in Sweden, so I assume free shipping and returns are not in the cards (nor would I expect it to be)

Any pics in the wild of the high top? They look cool, but I'm not sure how they would work irl."

14. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Wearing these rn...(with SdC pants)

[​IMG]

Also I'm 10.5UK in EG and 43 Buttero fit me fine after they break in. It might just be a matter of breaking the 44s in, as the ones I got felt a bit snug at the beginning too. OTOH, a lot of people like to wear sneakers loose anyway, so maybe you'd be happy with a 45. Especially with high tops so you don't really have to worry about heel slippage as much.

15. gdl203

Well, you tried them on yourself so there's no one here that is better suited to answer your question. Did they feel a full size small? If yes, then 45 would work. Your EG size should normally match a Buttero tanino size 45 - but then again, there's no better gauge than how the 44 felt on your feet.