• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We do! I had a customer come in this morning and I had to remark to Greg on how he picked out all great things that we like, and really worked for him but have been totally slept-on on the site.
I hope I'm not exposing him in any way, but he got those burgundy suede Butteros, the Esemplare crewneck which looked awesome with the technical sweatpants he was wearing, the Monitaly striped pullover, the Geller tricolor knit (great mohair blend with a ton of texture and colors that work really well together), as well as an Inis Meain scarf. Good haul, no?
All interesting stuff. We don't see that kind of look a lot in the fit pics here (maybe except for you Kyle). And I hadn't even noticed that Geller knit before. If I got that I could wear it with the OS multitweed from last year and have a battle of the color blocks.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The people have spoken.

This will be up online very shortly.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
]@PCK1
@Sotiris
@Mr. Six
@venividivicibj
@Newcomer

OK guys here are some swatch pics...I'd say overall these are a tad lighter than IRL as you can see by the white glare on the stickers, which actually have writing on them...

Fox:
Gray

Navy Wide

Navy

Gray Wide

Minnis:
Grey Wide

Navy Wide

Gray Narrow

Navy Narrow

Personally I think the hand of the Fox is nicer - it feels more substantial. To me the Minnis Narrows are too narrow (3/8"), although this makes them easier to wear in a conservative office setting. The Fox wides are pretty wide (0.75"). Fox narrow is 3.5/8". I think they look great, but maybe too dandy. Minnis wide is just over a 1/2" and looks great in navy.

Last edited:

filangler

Reaction score
]@PCK1
@Sotiris
@Mr. Six
@venividivicibj
@Newcomer

OK guys here are some swatch pics...I'd say overall these are a tad lighter than IRL as you can see by the white glare on the stickers, which actually have writing on them...

Fox:
Gray

Navy Wide

Navy

Gray Wide

Minnis:
Grey Wide

Navy Wide

Gray Narrow

Navy Narrow

Personally I think the hand of the Fox is nicer - it feels more substantial. To me the Minnis Narrows are too narrow (3/8"), although this makes them easier to wear in a conservative office setting. The Fox wides are pretty wide (0.75"). Fox narrow is 3.5/8". I think they look great, but maybe too dandy. Minnis wide is just over a 1/2" and looks great in navy.

Thank you for posting the samples. Do you have an idea on the weight of the cloth/fabric?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see. Will that weight be OK for Fall/Winter Southern California weather?
you'll be warm, but fine. take off your jacket indoors.

if you're worried about being too warm, speak to Sator.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I see.  Will that weight be OK for Fall/Winter Southern California weather?

Well the real answer is I can't tell you for sure since people vary a lot in how hot or cool they run. If you're used to the standard 3-season suits that most stores carry, this will be heavier than that. But I think for most ppl, as vvvbj said, wearing this in 50-70 degree weather with no overcoat would not be a problem.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I'm interested and favor the first gray.

As an LA resident, I think people are spot-on about the weight. I think it's fine for Fall -- at least aside from the stretches we get of 85 degree "Fall" weather. Today, for example, it would be fine. I walked about 1/2 mile to lunch today. Had I been wearing this suit with the jacket, it probably would have been a bit too warm -- so I would have taken my jacket off and carried it. By next week, it could be 15 degrees cooler (or five or ten warmer, of course). But you'd get plenty of Fall/Winter use out of it, I'm sure.

filangler

Reaction score
you'll be warm, but fine. take off your jacket indoors.

if anything, speak to Sator.
@venividivicibj , Thanks man, I pretty much do that indoors anyway. @unbelragazzo , do we get to vote on the cloth selections and style?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads