• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est is it possible to order the cord fabrics in the shacket? Or strictly the mole skins?

I personally wish the shacket came with a slightly heavier or chunkier button than a standard shirting button. But that’s minor since it’s such an awesome piece overall

Last edited:

dolatron

Reaction score
Same feedback from me on the buttons, didn't keep me from ordering the Ochre shacket though

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est is it possible to order the cord fabrics in the shacket? Or strictly the mole skins?

I personally wish the shacket came with a slightly heavier or chunkier button than a standard shirting button. But that’s minor since it’s such an awesome piece overall

Yup, you can get the shacket in the corduroys! Only the double-denim is off limits. I hear you on the buttons, but I really do think it works with the overall style and keeping things a little more refined. Maybe something to revisit in the future if we do it in different fabrics like tweeds or something?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, you can get the shacket in the corduroys! Only the double-denim is off limits. I hear you on the buttons, but I really do think it works with the overall style and keeping things a little more refined. Maybe something to revisit in the future if we do it in different fabrics like tweeds or something?

black cord or sage green overshirt will be a tough call for me

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back on my full corduroy Camoshita bullshit...
8857876A-6407-4664-89EB-CCB4502790A5.jpeg
BCFB2802-7736-4843-B709-CA66E3E70520.jpeg
E0CAE332-E0FF-46EF-B1E7-F80F9642AFB9.jpeg

Remy Fool

Reaction score
The Document overshirt in XL I purchased during the Black Friday sale is on its way back to NMWA HQ - the sleeves were just a bit too long so I'm sizing down to L. I also sent an email regarding this size exchange.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have beautiful scarves and accessories for the ladies in your lives BTW

Over the years, I've bought a few NMWA accessories "for my wife" that I want. She thinks I'm being nice buying her something. I get something I want. NMWA gets a sale. Everybody wins! I recently did this with a Scott & Charters hat and this Doppiaa scarf :

A woman at work just asked where to buy the scarf. So, if you're looking for an accessory to steal from a lady in your life, the Doppiaa scarf is a solid option.

Siepi

Reaction score
@gdl203/@conceptual 4est/anyone else who wants to chime in:

Bit of an unusual question here. Is it possible to shrink a turtleneck's collar in a targeted way? I got one of the Chamula turtlenecks last week in an XL, and while it fits appropriately elsewhere, the neck is really large - it looks more like a cowl neck than a turtleneck. Comparing it to the recent lookbook and the product photos on the mannequin, I'm guessing this isn't the intended look, nor is it one I particularly care for. I like the sweater otherwise, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success tightening up a turtleneck collar. A cursory Google search reveals that some suggest wetting down only the neck and then either throwing the sweater in the dryer on high or using a hot blow dryer, but I'm suspect.

Edit: attached a photo. Upon looking at it, calling it a cowl neck is definitely an exaggeration. Still, I’d prefer it to fit more snugly, so my previous question stands.

Attachments

• 7036C24D-CFB7-45EF-A630-FD4E09CBFDAA.jpeg
    7036C24D-CFB7-45EF-A630-FD4E09CBFDAA.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203/@conceptual 4est/anyone else who wants to chime in:

Bit of an unusual question here. Is it possible to shrink a turtleneck's collar in a targeted way? I got one of the Chamula turtlenecks last week in an XL, and while it fits appropriately elsewhere, the neck is really large - it looks more like a cowl neck than a turtleneck. Comparing it to the recent lookbook and the product photos on the mannequin, I'm guessing this isn't the intended look, nor is it one I particularly care for. I like the sweater otherwise, so I'm wondering if anyone has had success tightening up a turtleneck collar. A cursory Google search reveals that some suggest wetting down only the neck and then either throwing the sweater in the dryer on high or using a hot blowdryer, but I'm suspect.

You are thinking about this all wrong.

All you really need to do is work on enlarging your neck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads