• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gotta go NBA draft style. You always take the best talent on the board and figure it out later.

This legit made me lol.

I worry a bit about fitting the Byborre into my wardrobe. But I can, at the very least, DTO the above mannequin (I'd obviously get the pants). One thing that differentiates the Byborre coat from the Minotaur coat is the color scheme (hell, with the Byborre I can maybe through in some ochre, whereas with the Minotaur, I'm left with browns/greens/yellows which are tricky). Further, the length of the Byborre coat is much more normal.

The expedition coat is sick, sick, sick. But even this stretches the limit of practicality for me. Plus, even when it is the appropriate temp, it may just look over the top. Sometimes you ought to "settle" for Ja instead of hoping that Zion will be able to string together a season.

Option 1 is great but it is not as exciting. It would get a lot of wear, but at the expense of some other options.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. Even though the Byborre coat seems wild it still has a base of black which should be easy to wear with many items. It’s got that cool factor with the various zip out pockets. That outfit is awesome. I can attest to how nice those pants are. I tried them on and they look and feel great.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This legit made me lol.

I worry a bit about fitting the Byborre into my wardrobe. But I can, at the very least, DTO the above mannequin (I'd obviously get the pants). One thing that differentiates the Byborre coat from the Minotaur coat is the color scheme (hell, with the Byborre I can maybe through in some ochre, whereas with the Minotaur, I'm left with browns/greens/yellows which are tricky). Further, the length of the Byborre coat is much more normal.

The expedition coat is sick, sick, sick. But even this stretches the limit of practicality for me. Plus, even when it is the appropriate temp, it may just look over the top. Sometimes you ought to "settle" for Ja instead of hoping that Zion will be able to string together a season.

Option 1 is great but it is not as exciting. It would get a lot of wear, but at the expense of some other options.

FWIW I think the Byborre coat will be easier to wear than you think, and way more useful in your climate.

I can see it with light to mid wash denim and some tan suede boots or white sneakers pretty easily.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won’t weigh in so as not to bias the decision, but I just want to say that the Doppiaa coat is quite special and not as “normal” as you’d think from the photo. Big volume, big buttons, big pocket, floppy drapey

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. Even though the Byborre coat seems wild it still has a base of black which should be easy to wear with many items. It’s got that cool factor with the various zip out pockets. That outfit is awesome. I can attest to how nice those pants are. I tried them on and they look and feel great.

What was the sizing on the pants?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Byborre is the most fun and unique and useful for you. Fitting into a wardrobe is over-rated. Have one outfit you can put together with it and see how that look feels to you. If you dig it, you'll naturally expand that direction. If you don't, it was a fun experiment.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a strong opinion on what you should do style-wise but

I should clarify, No. 2 would be used for apres ski. I'd say the park would get 20-30 wears a year. Which is why I am leaning away from it. But I love it so much.

Is 20-30 wears in a season not enough to justify a piece for you guys? My data might be skewed by working from home but only the absolute staples of my wardrobe get off the bench more than that. If you don't have something you're thrilled leaning on for those 20-30 wears I would go for the parka.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This legit made me lol.

Ja lookin pretty good tbh ?

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE grizz fan, and I cannot be happier we snatched him.
Similarly I am a YUGE jazz fan. Conley has been up and down but he will figure it out because he’s Mike Conley. Love having him, seems like a great guy!

JJJ I think will be a beast too. Watch out because Memphis is coming.

franknotion

Reaction score
Drizzly weather = Drizzler jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads