• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my best (or worst :confused2:) lefty impression....Valstar & Schneider nmwa.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few pair of Rota I love and that get a lot of use in the summer from a few years back. I think you called them "crisp wool" or something like that. They are very much like Fresco, but they certainly could be another high twist, open weave fabric. They hang great, hold a crease, resist wrinkles, are "heavy" and very breathable. Is that fabric still available? I can't tell just from looking at the swatches.
Yes, those are bulletproof fabrics for traveling and keep a crease forever. Rota doesn't like to disclose who makes the fabric but that's VBC/Drapers 4-ply wool (aka Ascot), which is pretty highly regarded, especially for trousers.
It's in the "classic" fabrics video, around the 00:40 mark

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, those are bulletproof fabrics for traveling and keep a crease forever. Rota doesn't like to disclose who makes the fabric but that's VBC/Drapers 4-ply wool (aka Ascot), which is pretty highly regarded, especially for trousers.

Thank you! I have wanted to ask you probably 100 times and glad I finally did.

In my experience, those are the best summer pants I've ever worn. If anyone is looking for what to buy, get one or more pairs of the mid grey (334/4 390 gr. 100% lana).

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you able to order dugdale or holland and sherry fabrics in a Rota make?
Nope. They select and buy their own fabrics. They're very picky and don't want to take any risk with CMT. Old family business

We can do CMT trousers with our own MTM program with Carrara

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bulletproof fabrics?

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gdl203
These orders for rota are customizable. I.e change leg opening etc..
If so just specify when ordering?

Thanks

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203
These orders for rota are customizable. I.e change leg opening etc..
If so just specify when ordering?

Thanks
Typically not, but on case by case (i.e. if you already have some Rota and know your fit well, and take full ownership of those modifications) we can take those. We just don't believe in remote MTM so we're very reticent to taking MTM modifications if you're not in the room

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typically not, but on case by case (i.e. if you already have some Rota and know your fit well, and take full ownership of those modifications) we can take those. We just don't believe in remote MTM so we're very reticent to taking MTM modifications if you're not in the room

@gdl203 yes own multiple pairs all with same modifications though nmwa so no problem on fit and taking ownership . Just got some new pairs but can never have too many pairs of medium gray trousers

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 yes own multiple pairs all with same modifications though nmwa so no problem on fit and taking ownership . Just got some new pairs but can never have to many pairs of medium gray trousers
Then absolutely.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the day where a customer has requested to return a pocket square. That was shipped to California for free and will be shipped back at our cost too. I almost want to tell the guy to give it to a homeless man instead

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads