• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are light sweaters in this southern heat? I can’t fathom it but then I see u and Regis looking great.

Honestly, I am not sure. I vacillate every time I go this route.

On one hand, I definitely feel warmer - or at least it feels more weighty. On the other hand, the fabric breathes well and it doesn't cling nearly as bad. When it is 100+ degrees and humid, you are kind of screwed regardless. Might as well look nice.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’m most certainly jumping from AC to AC.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the waist measures on Frank Leder trousers in size xl?

View attachment 1225434 View attachment 1225435

Any sizing help of the Frank Leder Brown nailhead tweed wool trousers? Thigh size is usually the hardest to fit for me, so if they are slim in the thigh, then they’re probably a no go for me. I typically have to size up and get the waist taken in to get any tailored trousers to fit my thighs.

Leder in XL are best for someone that is typical a 36. The thighs will be on the slimmer side UNLESS it's a pleated style in which case there will be plenty of room.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Geller Felix bomber: Take your normal size or size down one?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leder in XL are best for someone that is typical a 36. The thighs will be on the slimmer side UNLESS it's a pleated style in which case there will be plenty of room.

Thanks! That’s probably a no go for me then. I did at least pick up a Schneider coat in the archives sale...probably ridiculous to buy another winter weight jacket given that I live in Florida, but I couldn’t resist at that price.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are new releases starting this friday? are you guys able to post a schedule of the new drops like you did last year?

only good thing about losing out on everything i wanted from the archive sale is more room in the budget for new fall / winter stuff.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
They are! We've got a few things lined up and it looks like this Friday is Heschung (Thuyas galore!), Sage de Cret, Master-Piece, and Tony Shirtmakers, the last of which I know you've had a chance to see :cool:

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chunky Alpaca/Silk IM Pre-Order came yesterday and it is stunning. Unfortunately, it'll be at least 4 months before I can wear it in LA, but I'll be ready when the temperature drops! Sorta wish I had sized up from my normal IM size for a more slouchy fit, but it's still a great pick up.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Tony Shirtmaker shacket and trucker are ??

When are the IM pieces for the rack going up? Gotta grab what I slept on during the preorder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics