• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If anyone wants a crappy nmwa x Carrara fit pic (edit: great suit, crappy pic)
View attachment 1208986

Looks great imho. I particularly like the buttoning point. I find that a lot of RTW jackets have too high a buttoning point, but this one looks great on you, and well balanced with the gorge height and length of the jacket. Just generally very nicely proportioned (TWSS)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've always been big proponents of transparency, of not treating our customers like idiots with private labels, untraceable products or idiotic markups.

I've watched with great interest Noah and Private White's work explaining what costs were behind the products they develop and sell - and thought it could be interesting to you guys to see something similar. I tried my hand at the concept with our latest product.

So, between you and me, when you buy our NoMan x SC navy Minnis fresco suit, this is where your $ are going to. As you can see, large chunks are to pay skilled workers living wages from the mills to the manufacturing workshop to our team. It also explains why we wouldn't be able to offer sizable discounts on products like this one. Some other products would leave us a bit more margin to maneuver and absorb sale discounts.

Interesting? Useful?

Very interesting. Appreciate the breakdown.

I will say (IMHO), having tried on, and handled the product, when you see it/try it on in person, the "value" is readily apparent.

Yes, developing a DB style is next in line. Then overcoats (raglan and ulster). Then a shawl collar and peak lapel for evening wear

This is great to hear. Very much looking forward to seeing future options.

steveoly

Reaction score
OK - just got my SC sportcoats and the fit is fantastic for my dad bod. I'm wearing golf attire at the moment, but I will post fit pics eventually. One observation - the unfinished sleeves seem shorter than what I would be used to. Because of my short...arms, this is actually pretty awesome since they may not even need to be shortened. In fact, I may be able to just sew on the sleeve buttons and go with these bad boys. Incredible OTR fit for me. For those of you with longer arms, are you seeing that the sleeves seem a little shorter?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg is it possible to do pleated trousers with a Carrara suit MTM? Or even MTO?
Yes of course. One of our MTM try-on suits has single pleats so we can show how they do it.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK - just got my SC sportcoats and the fit is fantastic for my dad bod. I'm wearing golf attire at the moment, but I will post fit pics eventually. One observation - the unfinished sleeves seem shorter than what I would be used to. Because of my short...arms, this is actually pretty awesome since they may not even need to be shortened. In fact, I may be able to just sew on the sleeve buttons and go with these bad boys. Incredible OTR fit for me. For those of you with longer arms, are you seeing that the sleeves seem a little shorter?
So great to hear. We have had many comments over the years that the Formosa sleeves were too long for many (which makes alterations tricky with regards to the ****), so we went with something a little shorter this time. I'm thinking we will add 1cm for future batches and it will be just the right mid-point

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So great to hear. We have had many comments over the years that the Formosa sleeves were too long for many (which makes alterations tricky with regards to the ****), so we went with something a little shorter this time. I'm thinking we will add 1cm for future batches and it will be just the right mid-point
Fwiw on that 42L I posted, I'm a 36" sleeve and I'd need to let these down a tiny, tiny bit at most.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i was hooked onto eidos the moment i saw the raw silk beaded chalk stripe suit (2014?). never came across a fabric like that in tailoring. then there was the charcoal glen plaid with the lime green window pane the following season ..... then came your collaboration and it always felt like you two managed to pull at least a few swatches that i would have never even known would make a beautiful garment. don't get me wrong, i think the H&S and Draper's choices are solid but they remind me a bit more of formosa era. nothing wrong with that, as it used to be out of my spending range .... so it's nice to see more accessibility.

i can only imagine the risk/undertaking of selling tailored goods in the menswear market, so i can only hope that nmwa x carrara takes off and the options/offerings became even greater.

Ahh yes, those fabrics that no one bought..... :). Sadly, there isn’t much of a market for those types of cloths in canvassed RTW. Greg and co have fantastic taste in cloth so I’m sure what we see will be exceptional.

n2pua

Reaction score
Ahh yes, those fabrics that no one bought..... :). Sadly, there isn’t much of a market for those types of cloths in canvassed RTW.

Antonio, I tried .... I really did (@mossrockss can absolutely testify to that).

The fact that i mentioned them, in addition to the winter solaro, the brown madder silk/linen (uuuggghhh), the aqua/teal windowpane shepherd check, etc etc etc ...... pretty sure most of us wearing donegal sport coats are because of you. i still keep those photos for reference.

Consumer stubborn-ness/rigidity & factory issues aside, if it weren't for you, i wouldn't be as particular as i am. every tailored brand i look at now is judged on, "would antonio have chosen this ..... which on the plus side, has dramatically decreased my clothing expenses in the last few years.

i suspect greg will change that.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio, I tried .... I really did (@mossrockss can absolutely testify to that).

The fact that i mentioned them, in addition to the winter solaro, the brown madder silk/linen (uuuggghhh), the aqua/teal windowpane shepherd check, etc etc etc ...... pretty sure most of us wearing donegal sport coats are because of you. i still keep those photos for reference.

Consumer stubborn-ness/rigidity & factory issues aside, if it weren't for you, i wouldn't be as particular as i am. every tailored brand i look at now is judged on, "would antonio have chosen this ..... which on the plus side, has dramatically decreased my clothing expenses in the last few years.

i suspect greg will change that.

Hey leave me out of this, Antonio might put a lump of coal in my next 18 east order.

Yes, developing a DB style is next in line. Then overcoats (raglan and ulster). Then a shawl collar and peak lapel for evening wear
Looking forward to the DB and overcoats!

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is an awesome look

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mypants

Reaction score
Yeah, I really like that too. Cool. What sizes are you wearing there big G?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics