• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the Mambo cotton seersucker from Inglese?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So cutting Kyle’s benefits = cheaper suits? :devil:

In all seriousness, this is very interesting. Out of curiosity, does the ‘affiliate discounts’ refer to the SF10 discount?
Yes
(to the discount, not to cutting anyone's $)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hookem12387 can you comment on your usual suit size (I think you have some Eidos from us?) and sizing/fit here? Did you also find the trousers to fit on the snug side?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the Mambo cotton seersucker from Inglese?

I’ve got the blue seersucker (that’s one of the mambos right?). Not sure any photo I take is going to show it better than the photos on NMWA.

One thing that I like about it is that the fabric has a horizontal effect to the seersucker that’s different from a typical version of the fabric. Unless I’m just seeing things.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the blue seersucker (that’s one of the mambos right?). Not sure any photo I take is going to show it better than the photos on NMWA.

One thing that I like about it is that the fabric has a horizontal effect to the seersucker that’s different from a typical version of the fabric. Unless I’m just seeing things.
No you're right. That seersucker's texture is like little squares/checks rather than clear stripes

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we're talking about Inglese and there are preorders. I have to say I love all the variations of one-piece collars and the names. The Mastroianni on the horizontal oxford stripe, for example.

Except this guy's just a young Bill Hader, right:

27c744d0d4db6ba97b5d8cad316197ad.jpg

On the topic of the pie chart Greg posted earlier, I'm going to note the big investment in our buying experience that it shows: The staff, the web dev, the free shipping both ways we enjoy, the discount he offers us, even that CC slice (noted as absurdly large and I agree... I understand that this is no optional for a business like this) are all part of making buying such nice things a nice thing for us to do in itself.

Will also note two things that are bundled into one of those pie slices, but deserve to be called out individually: The packaging, which has always been thoughtful and part of the experience. And the time that NMWA gives all of us here answering questions, showing us the products, etc. They have to maintain a number of channels for connecting with customers, but I'd say we get a good bit of their attention here at SF!

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hookem12387 can you comment on your usual suit size (I think you have some Eidos from us?) and sizing/fit here? Did you also find the trousers to fit on the snug side?
It wont be an apples to apples comparison because my 2 eidos x nmwa are 50L, and the nmwa x carrara is 52L but:

The carrara is obviously gorgeous. It's just really cool. The pants are great on me; I'd just have to take in the waist a little and let out the seat a tad. The jacket fits great in the shoulders - easily as well as the eidos if not better. It's just pretty voluminous through the body and the arm seems relatively low when I move with the suit on - my eidos 50L is much, much slimmer through the body (eidos is a bit tight in the chest) and the sleeves. I'm pretty impressed by how well the carrara collar stays glued to my neck, as well.

Edit: and to answer the original question, I'm usually between a 40L and a 42L. I have relatively narrow shoulders for my chest and about an 8" drop, so outside of some eidos tailoring, most of my stuff is made to measure.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wont be an apples to apples comparison because my 2 eidos x nmwa are 50L, and the nmwa x carrara is 52L but:

The carrara is obviously gorgeous. It's just really cool. The pants are great on me; I'd just have to take in the waist a little and let out the seat a tad. The jacket fits great in the shoulders - easily as well as the eidos if not better. It's just pretty voluminous through the body and the arm seems relatively low when I move with the suit on - my eidos 50L is much, much slimmer through the body (eidos is a bit tight in the chest) and the sleeves. I'm pretty impressed by how well the carrara collar stays glued to my neck, as well.

Edit: and to answer the original question, I'm usually between a 40L and a 42L. I have relatively narrow shoulders for my chest and about an 8" drop, so outside of some eidos tailoring, most of my stuff is made to measure.
Thanks - that's useful !

very interesting to hear about the jacket being voluminous because it doesn't look like that on the photo. The shape looks rather nice there.

n2pua

Reaction score
Thanks - that's useful !

very interesting to hear about the jacket being voluminous because it doesn't look like that on the photo. The shape looks rather nice there.

just curious, greg ......

assuming sales for the house tailoring goes well, will the plan eventually be to try out fabrics in the eidos (antonio era) vein or perhaps lean more towards the tried & true ?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what "fabrics in the eidos vein" means tbh, but, sure, we'd expand the offering of fabrics. I also really want to have active GMTO discussions here.

n2pua

Reaction score
i was hooked onto eidos the moment i saw the raw silk beaded chalk stripe suit (2014?). never came across a fabric like that in tailoring. then there was the charcoal glen plaid with the lime green window pane the following season ..... then came your collaboration and it always felt like you two managed to pull at least a few swatches that i would have never even known would make a beautiful garment. don't get me wrong, i think the H&S and Draper's choices are solid but they remind me a bit more of formosa era. nothing wrong with that, as it used to be out of my spending range .... so it's nice to see more accessibility.

i can only imagine the risk/undertaking of selling tailored goods in the menswear market, so i can only hope that nmwa x carrara takes off and the options/offerings became even greater.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta ask, would NMWA-Sartoria Carrara consider offering double breasted options, either as GTMO or MTO?

That Eidos DB Ciro in brown corduroy that NMWA sold in FW15-16 haunts my dreams - I'm at a near saturation point in tailored clothing, but I would clear out space in my closet(s) for this or a like offering from the new endeavor.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, developing a DB style is next in line. Then overcoats (raglan and ulster). Then a shawl collar and peak lapel for evening wear

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - that's useful !

I agree, actually, the picture gives a much different effect from how it felt. I need to try it on again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads