• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

vida

Reaction score
Greg, Is sartoria Carrara the same company used by P. Johnson?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg, Is sartoria Carrara the same company used by P. Johnson?
Correct. Sartoria Carrara is a JV part-owned by P Johnson. P. Johnson uses multiple manufacturing facilities from what I understand. My understanding is that the garments made at Carrara have a specific logo. I saw some of them at Barneys

emptym

Reaction score
I found the sunglasses! They were our back yard, in the bushes, where our neighbor's cat likes to sit in the shade. I have no idea how they got there.

Would anyone happen to know the width of the hems on the Monitaly athletic fit pants? Any fit pics anywhere? And is the top block similar to that of the vancloth pants? Those fit me perfectly.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found the sunglasses! They were our back yard, in the bushes, where our neighbor's cat likes to sit in the shade. I have no idea how they got there.

Would anyone happen to know the width of the hems on the Monitaly athletic fit pants? Any fit pics anywhere? And is the top block similar to that of the vancloth pants? Those fit me perfectly.

Prime suspect is the cat.

steveoly

Reaction score
Hi Greg, I am at my folks on a PC and have tried in addition to my other devices and still get the same issues. I think there's something with the total/ tax. When I add a sportcoat to the cart and check out, it goes from $1395 to $1606. See below. Not sure what exactly is going on.
Steve

That's really odd. I don't think we got any of those orders. We certainly don't have 5 coats in any size (usually 1, sometimes 2) so we couldn't get 5 times the same order.

Would you be able to try with another browser or at least in a private/incognito window?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand what's going on. It's that just sales tax?

Probably better solved via email - or better a call tomorrow if you have a moment

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the G inglese Miami shirt. Definitely slimmer than I expected and I'm not a big guy by any means. Wonder if I can make work or may have to resell

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Today is the last day for Inis Meain pre-orders. I need to get them over to IM first thing tomorrow, so we'll be shutting everything off tonight. I think there were a few of you waiting on answers to questions about yarn color, so I'm following up on all of those right now.

Inis Meain SS20 Pre-Orders
It's time to kick off another pre-order season, and what better to start with than Inis Meain. As always, you can expect beautiful linen yarns that are somehow soft yet dry, and regulate temperature incredibly well to get you through quite a wide variety of weather. In addition to the always-popular tunics, crewnecks, and henley styles, we've brought back the Pub Jacket as well as launched two new styles exclusive just to us.

I'm going to into detail below, but if you want to jump right to the pre-orders page
you can see them all right here.

View attachment 1204463
The Relaxed Linen Cardigan. A little inspried by the Soulive Haoris we've had, a little inspired by the Naissance relaxed cardigan from this season, and just wanted to embrace the more louche side of the linen yarns, we developed this buttonless, relaxed fit cardigan as the sort of piece you just wear over a tee. Maybe with some easy pants, maybe with your swim trunks, maybe just with PJs around the house.

View attachment 1204462

The Potato Ridge. After getting four-season wear out of linen Inis crewnecks for the past few years, Greg has been wanting to do a heavier weight option for a while now and this modified version of the Potato Ridge is finally the right one. Made up in the 90/10 linen/silk blend it's a bit slubbier and drier than the others, but the ribbed knit brings out the best in this fabric. Looks and feels like something JFK would have had to handle the ocean chill.

View attachment 1204464

The Pub Jacket. After a bit of a hiatus, and after much demand, the pub jacket returns, now with updated lapels and slightly higher notches to modernize things a bit. This one is made up in an unwashed linen so it has a drier and less stretchy hand than the washed one we use on the other styles.

View attachment 1204461

The Ombre Tunic. Inis Meain are always experimenting with new knitting techniques and exploring what they can do with their yarns, and they came up with this series of gradients, all inspired by different landscapes on the islands. We like the more tonal ones but they all came out quite sharp.

View attachment 1204470

The Rolled Edge Henley. This one has been a big hit lately and for good reason - it just looks really, really cool. I like them in darker colored yarns but I can see an optic white one coming out great.

View attachment 1204471

The Tunic, solids and donegals. Everyone's favorite summertime knit, there isn't much I can say about this that will convince you if you don't already love these. And if you have one, post up your pics!

View attachment 1204472

The crewneck, solids and donegals. A great travel sweater, and a great everyday sweater - this is such an easy way to wear these linen yarns we keep raving about, and I always have one of these handy no matter the season (optic white for the summer, maroon for the rest of the year for me)

The fine print: These are 50% deposit pre-orders for SS20, with delivery expected next February, and 50% remainder due then for delivery. They should be considered final sale since these are true MTO full of one-offs in all of these unique yarns. All orders will be shipped to whatever address you use when paying the remainder, so no worries if anything changes between now and then.

Lastly, be sure to use code PREORDER15 for your pre-order discount! If you've made it this far, the link to all sweaters is here.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relaxed cardigan: Henna or Dark Natural?

Got both colors - I'd go with Henna (if you don't have it in the tunic or other configuration). The subtle blends and depth of color needs to be experienced in person to believe.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received the G inglese Miami shirt. Definitely slimmer than I expected and I'm not a big guy by any means. Wonder if I can make work or may have to resell
Can we exchange the size for you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads