• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

emptym

Reaction score
The post by @emptym made me want to mention: the Lesca sunglasses are very, very nice. IMO, in a class of their own. While I'm not much of a sunglasses guy, I've handled numerous sunglasses over the years - and these are in a class of their own. For the price, and provided you can find a frame that works for you, they are a no-brainer.
Agreed. Been wearing the "ready when you are" all year. I've got the Gaston's as well which are really beautiful (wish they came in a smaller size). APC's, t shirt and Lesca's kind of my summer uniform.
Yeah, they're so nice. I have the dark brown Gaston sunglasses and Pica horn classes. The ones I lost were clear framed Gaston sunglasses. The brown Gastons look a bit big on me but the clear ones looked perfect. They were my favorites for everything but driving. Because the frames were so thick, it almost felt like looking through a glass tunnel, and that could cause weird reflections that were fine while walking but a bit distracting while driving.

Still feeling a little burned from the loss, so I'm wondering if I should get a new pair or something cheaper. Might try to sell some barely used US-made, Bausch & Lomb era Rayban aviators and some RL PL foldable sunglasses to put towards some replacement Lescas -- they're that nice. Of course, they may still turn up somewhere. After walking back from the restaurant, I watched my kids while they were riding bicycles on our street. And I might have worn them when dropping them off at school the next day. I realized I was missing them when leaving to pick them up.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What’s a quick sizing reference again for the loafers? Like against an Alden Barrie, TTS, etc.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're so nice. I have the dark brown Gaston sunglasses and Pica horn classes. The ones I lost were clear framed Gaston sunglasses. The brown Gastons look a bit big on me but the clear ones looked perfect. They were my favorites for everything but driving. Because the frames were so thick, it almost felt like looking through a glass tunnel, and that could cause weird reflections that were fine while walking but a bit distracting while driving.

Still feeling a little burned from the loss, so I'm wondering if I should get a new pair or something cheaper. Might try to sell some barely used US-made, Bausch & Lomb era Rayban aviators and some RL PL foldable sunglasses to put towards some replacement Lescas -- they're that nice. Of course, they may still turn up somewhere. After walking back from the restaurant, I watched my kids while they were riding bicycles on our street. And I might have worn them when dropping them off at school the next day. I realized I was missing them when leaving to pick them up.
It's worth checking if you have some sort of loss insurance through your credit card or homeowner insurance

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s a quick sizing reference again for the loafers? Like against an Alden Barrie, TTS, etc.
TTS Euro sizing. Same as your F last Vass for example

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tailoring capsule collection dropping later today

Sport coat fit on me (54L)

blue-purple-sc-002.jpg blue-purple-sc-005.jpg blue-purple-sc-006.jpg blue-purple-sc-007.jpg blue-purple-sc-011.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suit fit on Kyle (46R)

navy-suit-001.jpg
navy-suit-006.jpg
navy-suit-008.jpg navy-suit-010.jpg navy-suit-012.jpg navy-suit-014.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really, really great G.

Care to comment on the fit (or post measurements)? It really looks extremely similar to Eidos and I'm very excited about this.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carrara Suits.png

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking marvelous, gents. About how much extra cloth is there in the jacket sleeves and the trouser waists to let out?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking marvelous, gents. About how much extra cloth is there in the jacket sleeves and the trouser waists to let out?

The pants waist seems atypical (smaller) for the sizes.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pants waist seems atypical (smaller) for the sizes.
Looks like a drop 7, which works for me. Size 50R should fit me pretty well off the rack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics