• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Claire, I'm sorry to bother you, but I wanted to talk to you about our neighbor. He be out there all day taking pictures of himself"

1144308-60084ac1702230cfa867cc1ef970a2e5.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote Large and Large

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
(more seriously, I appreciate the outfit pics @Newcomer cause they help me decide whether to get something, so pls dont stop)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good, jury comports with my opinion. Phew. Large and Large it is (pictures can't always tell the full story - but it sure can help you figure out something is wrong).

Are those Castaner lighter or darker in color IRL @Newcomer ?

Castaner are a touch darker. But still on the lighter end of the spectrum. On my monitor, they are maybe a bit lighter than what is pictured.

Large for sure on the tunic.

What's your buttero size and what size are those castaner loafers if you don't mind?

42 in Buttero, 43 in Castaner. I'd say they fit pretty similarly.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(more seriously, I appreciate the outfit pics @Newcomer cause they help me decide whether to get something, so pls dont stop)

Ha, I can always take a good ribbing. Plus, I feel like people generally know my size now so it is probably helpful.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
missed out on the floral tony shirt :(

scratch that actually i missed out on everything i wanted! wooop.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, Newc's First Impressions:

IM Tunic: Believe it or not, this is my first tunic. However, not my first linen IM. As expected, it is top notch. Comfortable (to me) with and without undershirt. The yarn is really gorgeous. I haven't handled any other knitwear that is at IM's level. Really refined.

Castaner Loafers: I was expecting the IM tunic to be great, because IM is always great. The Castaner loafers are the unexpected highlight for me. Kyle/Greg mentioned during the live chat that they had a great shape. He was correct. These espadrille loafers have a prettier shape than some GYW loafers I own that are significantly more expensive. Often, I feel like the biggest issue with "inexpensive" loafers is the last - either it is too sharp or too clunky etc. These do not have this issue. Further, although not often discussed, they come in a nice box, are made with supple suede, etc. They are the full package. I just hope they wear well and don't fall apart on me.

Minotaur Wrinkles M51: The piece de resistance of the buy. Personally, I have been impressed with Minotaur. And I always feel kind of sad because the stuff that NMWA stocks often seems to make it to final sale. This is a very cleverly designed garment and the fabric is really unique. The cut is great as well, with the dropped shoulder and all. The length is also practical without looking like you are wearing a winter coat. To date, I've struggled to find something that I can wear in a warm drizzle at higher temps (70-80+). This fits the bill and is still really breathable. I can't even tell you how difficult it is to find something that fits that niche. Also, although it is kind of out there, it is not that crazy. The gradient is more subtle IRL. At day's end, Minotaur churns out some neat stuff that has its own identity that, at the very least, is not really available at many if any other makers.

img_1630-jpg.1144585

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capture.JPG
Not trying to be too Panglossian but this Intreccio "tubo" is the Best of All Possible Casual Belts. Been wearing the heck out of it for the past few weeks. Very comfy and well designed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads