• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
links always works, if you manually add eu. in front of the link, but would be great if it could automatically translate to the same link via eu locale. because if I click on any link from EU I always get redirected to EU home page and not to same link on EU. It is annoying but not a big problem to manually change the link.

P.S. because of the lookbook I finally found double ribbed tank top in 100% cotton that is not made in China - Wythe - Tubular cotton tank top three-pack in natural. Any similar options for tank like that that is made in USA, Italy or Japan?

P.P.S. I also really like GRP - Bubble-knit short sleeve cotton polo shirt, ecru and
ts(s) - Long sleeve convertible collar shirt in khaki and olive ikat print
I see what you mean - I don't know that the redirection app can do that though.

Most of our tanks from Japan are not ribbed (blurhms, KS, ts(s)). Not sure what Italian maker would make those and I think a lot of the classic US tee brands are no longer made in USA

GRP bubble knit polos are really great spring summer pieces. I'm a big fan

ReedCA

Reaction score
GRP bubble knit polos are really great spring summer pieces. I'm a big fan

Agreed. Always surprised by how light it is. (with DBF plum linen shorts the other day)
IMG_9280.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Retri

Reaction score
It's the giant banner on the homepage

He meant that clicking on the link to the lookbook you provided redirects to the EU site homepage. No biggie but a lot of links to the website do that, instead of pointing to the corresponding EU page.

Also, the scrolling glitch is still doing its thing on Firefox, it makes browsing the e-shop quite the chore and I could totally see it turning potential new customers away. You should have someone figure this thing out, it's been months iirc and FF isn't exactly a niche browser either.

The lookbook, however, is fantastic.

Last edited:

Iskander

Reaction score
Also, the scrolling glitch is still doing its thing on Firefox, it makes browsing the e-shop quite the chore and I could totally see it turning potential new customers away. You should have someone figure this thing out, it's been months iirc and FF isn't exactly a niche browser either.
This happens to me as well, I thought maybe it was one of my extensions causing issues. Yes, it makes for an incredibly frustrating shopping experience.

zranger102797

Reaction score
Quick question about the Chamula huaraches - if I’m a 10D Brannock, can I pretty safely just order a 10?

Balman

Reaction score
I also have a headache with Chamula huaraches, what is the difference in width between an 8,5 a 9,5 and a 10? I couldn't even try the 8,5 on because the damn thing was way too narrow, but the length would be more or less okay, and I even doubt i could put a 9 on. I'm usually a 9,5 but almost everyone online claims the huaraches generally run large, and sizings on Chamula website seem to confirm that, so I decided to go according to Chamula measurements, but I got burned. 🥴

Last edited:

Remy Fool

Reaction score
I also have a headache with Chamula huaraches, what is the difference in width between an 8,5 a 9,5 and a 10? I couldn't even try the 8,5 on because the damn thing was way too narrow, but the length would be more or less okay, and I even doubt i could put a 9 on. I'm usually a 9,5 but almost everyone online claims the huaraches generally run large, and sizings on Chamula website seem to confirm that, so I decided to go according to Chamula measurements, but I got burned. 🥴
Quick question about the Chamula huaraches - if I’m a 10D Brannock, can I pretty safely just order a 10?

Monitaly changed how they labeled sizing for the huaraches this year.

Greg's breakdown

Mirage-

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the love and recognition for GRP here, as in my personal experience it's a brand that's barely known at all here in Italy itself, in fact I actually don't know of a single retailer around Rome (I assume it would be easier to find in Tuscany though).
Most high-end shops around here sell Gran Sasso knitwear instead (which I do love actually), from Abruzzo, or Drumhor, or else just designer stuff.
I only very recently discovered GRP by buying this heavy wool jacket second-hand:
1678204136.jpeg

The wool is a bit rough, so it feels a bit more rustic than sartorial mind you, but it goes with the naval theme after all.

ScottyK

Reaction score
I didn’t find that they run large at all. A tad small even. My issue was length not width. I had to size up to 9.5 to not have my big toe blasting out the front. Perhaps I’m just not used to having a narrow toe box.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the love and recognition for GRP here, as in my personal experience it's a brand that's barely known at all here in Italy itself, in fact I actually don't know of a single retailer around Rome (I assume it would be easier to find in Tuscany though).
Most high-end shops around here sell Gran Sasso knitwear instead (which I do love actually), from Abruzzo, or Drumhor, or else just designer stuff.
I only very recently discovered GRP by buying this heavy wool jacket second-hand:
1678204136.jpeg

The wool is a bit rough, so it feels a bit more rustic than sartorial mind you, but it goes with the naval theme after all.

also that nmwa appears to be the only grp size VIII stockist nel mondo

zranger102797

Reaction score
In that case
I didn’t find that they run large at all. A tad small even. My issue was length not width. I had to size up to 9.5 to not have my big toe blasting out the front. Perhaps I’m just not used to having a narrow toe box.
so based on this, sounds like you’d recommend just sticking to Brannock?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1678204136.jpeg

It's a small family business that has never been interested in pursuing the whole "made in Italy" global domination strategy that so many Italian brands got into, picking agents and distributors in every developed country etc... I don't know anyone there who is not related to Gianni (he, his wife, son and daughter seem to comprise the management team) and they have really no marketing to speak of.

We didn't know them until Luca who runs Buttero, introduced me to Gianni because he knew I would appreciate their work.

Gianni is really into workwear, raw denim, riding his vintage motorcycle, etc... and I think that his retailers match that vibe: German stores that sell Merz, denim and boots, etc... He has a co-brand with a German artist called Max Rohr that may be even better distributed than GRP itself.

They are obsessed with the product there - more so than many of our makers. Obsessed with yarns in particular, which are almost entirely sourced from Italian spinners. They rarely ever come out with new products, don't really have collections, but IMO offer some of the best patterns, construction and overall quality for knitted garment across yarns: from heavy raw wool to merino to knit linen and cotton.

I wish we could find more GRPs across all the product types: great quality, provenance, all made in house, at the right price. I think the value on GRP is very high, even after prices rose in the last couple years because of raw material increases

Mirage-

Reaction score
It's a small family business that has never been interested in pursuing the whole "made in Italy" global domination strategy that so many Italian brands got into, picking agents and distributors in every developed country etc... I don't know anyone there who is not related to Gianni (he, his wife, son and daughter seem to comprise the management team) and they have really no marketing to speak of.

We didn't know them until Luca who runs Buttero, introduced me to Gianni because he knew I would appreciate their work.

Gianni is really into workwear, raw denim, riding his vintage motorcycle, etc... and I think that his retailers match that vibe: German stores that sell Merz, denim and boots, etc... He has a co-brand with a German artist called Max Rohr that may be even better distributed than GRP itself.

They are obsessed with the product there - more so than many of our makers. Obsessed with yarns in particular, which are almost entirely sourced from Italian spinners. They rarely ever come out with new products, don't really have collections, but IMO offer some of the best patterns, construction and overall quality for knitted garment across yarns: from heavy raw wool to merino to knit linen and cotton.

I wish we could find more GRPs across all the product types: great quality, provenance, all made in house, at the right price. I think the value on GRP is very high, even after prices rose in the last couple years because of raw material increases
Ah yes, I've seen online some Max Rohr knitted-jackets (basically cardigans), though I'm "allergic" to the anorexic collars those tend to have.
Thanks for the write-up though, nice to know more about them.
I can't presently compare them to my Gran Sasso knits as I only have that wool jacket (which is really outerwear) from GRP, but I'll keep an eye on them for the future. The linen knit t-shirts seem particularly nice and unique.
Though I am a bit weary of linen knits, I only have one (a polo) and while looking nice it doesn't seem to be any cooler or more breathable than light cottons (in fact less, somehow) while the ribbing (and collar, since mine is a polo) performs its job of staying in place very very poorly, i.e. it mostly curls up on itself.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics