• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but a 21% premium that the other fella calculated is nothing short of a rip off.

Dude...
Have you tested the site at all? Where do you see a 21% premium? Please! This is not twitter where you can post some Infowars nonsense and get away with it. No one has paid a 21% premium over live rate on our site. Period. Totally inconsiderate and false contribution to this conversation.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any additional "contribution" to this Canadian thing can take it to PMs because fake information and outrage does not benefit anyone in the process. and I'm pretty sure non-Canadians here couldn't care less.

If you don't want to buy from us because you think we are ripping you off with FX rates, that's fine. We're sorry to see you go.

mypants

Reaction score
My calculation of 21% over mid market spot CAD/USD was 100% correct first thing this morning. You have since adjusted this to be ~3% - that’s very reasonable.

There was no lie. Just facts. Not sure where the anger is coming from. It was a legitimate concern, that you said you would fix and you did.

Sorry for pointing this out.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It never happened - we never sold an item with this FX rate, and never had the intention to. You jumped in within minutes of us starting testing and QC on the integration of Global-e, before we could even test anything. Looong before we even announced the addition of international shipping. Now this "information" is being repeated and used as source of outrage for something that literally never happened. It's inconsiderate and it's exhausting - I have better things to do than discuss the merits of something that never was.

Beav

Reaction score
Have you tested the site at all? Where do you see a 21% premium? Please! This is not twitter where you can post some Infowars nonsense and get away with it. No one has paid a 21% premium over live rate on our site. Period. Totally inconsiderate and false contribution to this conversation.
Hey I don't know what's going on at your end that's leading to this, but just re-read my initial post. You've had a couple over the top responses here. A reasonable premium on currency exchange is fine. Seems like thats what you're intending.

I agree a further exchange here isn't helpful, and there's really nothing to talk about anyways.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I don't know what's going on at your end that's leading to this, but just re-read my initial post. You've had a couple over the top responses here. A reasonable premium on currency exchange is fine. Seems like thats what you're intending.

I agree a further exchange here isn't helpful, and there's really nothing to talk about anyways.
You repeated inaccurate information that you had not checked and called us a rip-off. And my response was over the top? Please 🙄

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
random NMWA thoughts:

all a y'all that bought this shirt without the matching shorts, SMH
Beams_Plus_Japan_Open_Collar_Short_Sleeve_Silk_Batik_Print_Olive_Green_6_300x300.jpg

also, everyone is missing out on the 18E drop 1 vibes of this shirt:

Beams_Plus_Japan_Open_Collar_Short_Sleeve_Camp_Shirt_Block_Print_Burgundy_Blue_Tan_5_300x300.jpg

wear with navy shorts (those PF ones would be great) and huarache or light washed jeans and canvas sneakers

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These Beams printed shirts are truly slept on. The Doppiaa ikat shirt jacket too. I think it’s hard to see how the print plays with the flapped pockets on product shots. It adds a nice dimension and volume to the printed fabric that takes it up a good notch from a more conventional printed camp shirt.

Retri

Reaction score
Is the EU site going to get the X of Pentacles wool seersucker shirts?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the EU site going to get the X of Pentacles wool seersucker shirts?
Not this time. Very small production numbers
Not sure how it's going to work, but please allow us to pay in USD.
I don’t believe that’s possible. I’m not going to ask why you’re asking that because I don’t really want to get into this FX discussion again
Hi! Are there more GRP drops or is that it until FW?
That’s it for spring summer. It was a huge shipment

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how it's going to work, but please allow us to pay in USD.

I don't know where you live but if you're from Canada, they've made tweaks yesterday so that the price reflected to Canadians is much closer to the FX rate most credit cards would convert to if it was in USD. My concerns from my last post here have been alleviated.

barlos

Reaction score
Is shipping backed up due to the holiday this week and the sale the week before? Just checking as I placed an order a week ago and haven't yet received a shipping notice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads