• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the previous Valstar preorders, specifically the hooded vbc?
The hooded VBC was canceled months ago. Did you order it and didn’t get a refund?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good evening Greg and team - I tried to pre-order a Valstar, but did not see the option to use my store credit via the page that auto-generated. Any thoughts? (I cancelled the pre-order, I'll try again later.)
Not really sure why. When you’re logged in, the store credit button should appear. But you can also copy and paste your store credit “gift card” number and enter it manually at checkout.

45bur

Reaction score
on the topic of valstar, are we getting anything this ss aside from valstarino? Hoping for a restock of the varsity.

Last edited:

Macryu

Reaction score
Not really sure why. When you’re logged in, the store credit button should appear. But you can also copy and paste your store credit “gift card” number and enter it manually at checkout.
I tried to enter my gift card number manually but received the error message, "Gift cards are not supported with deferred purchase options."

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 12.39.01 AM.png

Henry S

Reaction score
Just placed my first order on NMWA :cool:
I picked the S&C brown shawl collar cardigan and the Wythe faded "Merlot" westren shirt.

I use a forwarder because I know I shouldn't sleep over it. To my surprise, the EU website only ships within the EU. What is the long-term solution for customers who are not based in the EU but still want to purchase?
First order wasn't fully fulfilled, and perhaps the cardigan and I were not meant to be.

Disappointed with the lack of communication prior to shipping. My parcel value fell below $250, resulting in the cancellation of my $50 first order discount.
I don't expect to get the full discount, maybe partially, or at least a heads-up to adjust the order and retain eligibility.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried to enter my gift card number manually but received the error message, "Gift cards are not supported with deferred purchase options."

View attachment 1888351

I tried this also before posting here, got the same error. Will try again later, hopefully it's just a temporary hiccup...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First order wasn't fully fulfilled, and perhaps the cardigan and I were not meant to be.

Disappointed with the lack of communication prior to shipping. My parcel value fell below $250, resulting in the cancellation of my $50 first order discount.
I don't expect to get the full discount, maybe partially, or at least a heads-up to adjust the order and retain eligibility.
This happens and we’re always happy to add the $50 discount on the next order when a customer flags it for us. So, did you email customer service about it? We don’t solve customer service issues on a public forum - these are done via e-mail for many reasons but the main one is that we have no idea who you are 🙂

So, not a problem regarding your discount. You can still use it on a future qualifying order. Just let us know via email.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried this also before posting here, got the same error. Will try again later, hopefully it's just a temporary hiccup...
Maybe the preorder module or this new default Shopify setting prevents the use of a coupon code.

Doesn’t really matter - you and @Macryu can email us and we will manually fix this after the fact (refund card and reduce store credit balance).

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is just that it’s longer

All prices went up this year. If we were to do the Redford again, it would be 10-15% more than FW22
...I shouldn't have slept on the Redford.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have had issues with the most recent update to the preorder module (because of changes in Shopify API).

If you’re not led to the checkout page after the preorder module, it is likely that the browser(s) you’re using are blocking the creation of the checkout tab (“pop-up” are blocked). It typically would give you a little notice that pop up was blocked, but those are not always obvious.

Make sure your browser allows pop ups and it will open the checkout page.

And to be clear, the only preorders we will consider and reserve are the ones where a deposit was paid. If you did not get an order confirmation from us for your deposit payment, that preorder just does not count.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads