• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

louisc31

Reaction score
Can use some feedback on sizing for the Kaptain Sunshine Traveler coat I finally secured - I'm usually a size 38/M (5'8", 165lbs), but sometimes I'm a large given broader shoulders. I was only able to find a size 40 in the KS and wanted to give it a shot.

Does this look way too oversized, or is does it seem in line with it's "intentional" fit? Curious if a size down (if I could score one on sale of course) would fit me better and still be able to fit thick sweaters / light jackets under?

Added a photo with just a sweater for reference - thank you for your help and feedback!!

Attachments

• IMG-7363.jpg
    IMG-7363.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG-7359.jpg
    IMG-7359.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG-7357.jpg
    IMG-7357.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG-7365.jpg
    IMG-7365.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG-7361.jpg
    IMG-7361.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG-7364.jpg
    IMG-7364.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 195

45bur

Reaction score
@MeatFish @gdl203 how has the shipping progress been going? The have three orders, including one made on November 17 (before the sale) that have all not shipped as far as I can tell. I’ve emailed the team yesterday but haven’t received a response just yet.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can use some feedback on sizing for the Kaptain Sunshine Traveler coat I finally secured - I'm usually a size 38/M (5'8", 165lbs), but sometimes I'm a large given broader shoulders. I was only able to find a size 40 in the KS and wanted to give it a shot.

Does this look way too oversized, or is does it seem in line with it's "intentional" fit? Curious if a size down (if I could score one on sale of course) would fit me better and still be able to fit thick sweaters / light jackets under?

Added a photo with just a sweater for reference - thank you for your help and feedback!!
I think it looks good. The drape on the KS make it impossible to look bad in any size.

jaaz16

Reaction score

If I had to nitpick, I might say the sleeves are a touch long, but only in some angles of how your standing. But that's a non-issue IMO. Everything else looks as intended to me. I would absolutely not size down, and in fact, when I quickly glanced at the photos before reading your description I thought to myself, "Oh wow, nice fit."

To add a bit more for comparison's sake, I have ~10 pounds on you and wear a 40, and Pete Zottolo is about your size and actually wears a 42 (I'm pretty sure) for a truly voluminous vibe. Pop the collar & throw on a beanie, you're good to go!

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 to what others have said already - looks great. You can shorten the sleeves a little bit if desired. But

Friend

Reaction score

That looks good to me. I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs or so and wear a 36 in my traveler coat (from a couple years ago with the heavier melton). I suspect you may find the shoulders feel a bit tight sizing down to the 36, and yours fits similar to my coat. Pics for reference.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MeatFish @gdl203 how has the shipping progress been going? The have three orders, including one made on November 17 (before the sale) that have all not shipped as far as I can tell. I’ve emailed the team yesterday but haven’t received a response just yet.
Tbh we’re totally slammed. Really bad luck with Covid etc… not just the high volume of orders (which was actually much lower than last year). Murphy’s law all over.

That said, we’re moving through it as fast as possible. I think we’re shipping orders from the 27th and 28th right now so it’s odd that yours hasn’t moved yet

45bur

Reaction score
Tbh we’re totally slammed. Really bad luck with Covid etc… not just the high volume of orders (which was actually much lower than last year). Murphy’s law all over.

That said, we’re moving through it as fast as possible. I think we’re shipping orders from the 27th and 28th right now so it’s odd that yours hasn’t moved yet
Covid just won’t leave us alone! I received notifications that ups labels were created for these orders (2 weeks ago I think), but since then there had been zero movement or progress updates on the orders.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Covid just won’t leave us alone! I received notifications that ups labels were created for these orders (2 weeks ago I think), but since then there had been zero movement or progress updates on the orders.
is that USPS or UPS?

45bur

Reaction score
is that USPS or UPS?
UPS. I’ve been getting the “a delivery date will be provided as soon as possible” when checking the tracking for the last few weeks on all three orders.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPS. I’ve been getting the “a delivery date will be provided as soon as possible” when checking the tracking for the last few weeks on all three orders.
@MeatFish will check on this today

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kanata + Inis Meain

877BB62B-C123-4DA6-8397-183EFA5BC920.jpeg

zranger102797

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck proxying a Kaptain Sunshine Traveler Coat? I can’t find any navy size 40s from any retailers that will ship to the US directly, but I also can’t find the coat on the service I usually use to proxy from Japan (Buyee). Am I SOL unless I find one on the secondary market?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads