• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE that you finally opened a European store! However, is there a reason why almost all of your cotton Rota trousers are Bemberg-lined to the knee/otherwise not machine washable? I understand why the wool trousers are dry-clean only, but the cottons? If it has to do with the lining, what is the purpose of a Bemberg lining on a pair of 700 gram cords, for example? Or a 300/400/500ish gram cotton twill. It makes it infinitely more troublesome to wear these somewhat rugged cottons when you are forced to find a good dry-cleaner and bring them there every time they need a clean.
This is a question I have been pondering on since I first saw the Rota on your US-site.
I’m not really sure how to answer all those questions/requests. It sounds like you think you’d prefer unlined tailored trousers? That’s totally fine but these are ready-to-wear trousers and you’re in a small minority with that preference. I can tell you that we’ve done hundreds of bespoke and MTM commissions over the last 8 or 9 years, and very very rare are those that answer “unlined” when asked if they want their trousers lined or not. Maybe 1% ?

With regards to washability, some of the Rota trousers are garment-washed or garment-dyed. They construct those (particularly the waistband and it’s interlining) so that they can be laundered rather than dry-cleaned. For all other tailored trousers, regardless of the wool, cotton or linen fiber content, they are meant to be spot-cleaned and dry cleaned.

that said, most people clean their trousers (or knitwear, or suits) too often. There is no need to clean or wash trousers often, especially when they’re lined.

vikke977

Reaction score
I’m not really sure how to answer all those questions/requests. It sounds like you think you’d prefer unlined tailored trousers? That’s totally fine but these are ready-to-wear trousers and you’re in a small minority with that preference. I can tell you that we’ve done hundreds of bespoke and MTM commissions over the last 8 or 9 years, and very very rare are those that answer “unlined” when asked if they want their trousers lined or not. Maybe 1% ?

With regards to washability, some of the Rita trousers are garment-washed or garment-dyed. They construct those (particularly the waistband and it’s interlining) so that they can be laundered rather than dry-cleaned. For all other tailored trousers, regardless of the wool, cotton or linen fiber content, they are meant to be spot-cleaned and dry cleaned.

that said, most people clean their trousers (or knitwear, or suits) too often. There is no need to clean or wash trousers often, especially when they’re lined.
I hear you, the majority obviously sets the tone – as it should be!
Anyway, when will you expanding the EU store lineup for Rota? I have been absolutely drooling over the Rota quality in your slightly wider fit, ever since I spotted them pre-EU-store-era – would love to see some of the same cottons you have on the US/Canada site (again, be it with lining or not :D)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you, the majority obviously sets the tone – as it should be!
Anyway, when will you expanding the EU store lineup for Rota? I have been absolutely drooling over the Rota quality in your slightly wider fit, ever since I spotted them pre-EU-store-era – would love to see some of the same cottons you have on the US/Canada site (again, be it with lining or not :D)
We’ll be adding a half dozen new styles this month, and then after that, we’ll aim to have the same new styles there as on the US site.

As long as we have enough EU customers, to keep this experiment going, of course.

Iskander

Reaction score
Is anyone have any fits yet with the LBG Clint side-zips? I am very intrigued

jmr

Reaction score
Hoping to get some NMWA-adjacent size advice. I picked up this Monitaly Type B during Black Friday sales, and really like it, but I’m unsure if I should exchange it for a size larger. This is a 38, and fits well for the most part, but the sleeves are a bit short. Maybe a little snug in the shoulders, but the sleeves are the main issue. What do you think, keep or size up to 40?

Oh, and just to keep it more thread-relevant, I’m wearing GD113’s from NMWA, and I love them.

57E37ACD-30FA-4997-9BD6-12C7974713DF.jpeg
C0238A10-1CFD-44B3-9C48-5F4CAAE20FAF.jpeg
EDF4EEC4-5FB5-4AD6-A4CE-7FE6C0B83F37.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, shoulders are also too narrow - definitely go up !

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some NMWA-adjacent size advice. I picked up this Monitaly Type B during Black Friday sales, and really like it, but I’m unsure if I should exchange it for a size larger. This is a 38, and fits well for the most part, but the sleeves are a bit short. Maybe a little snug in the shoulders, but the sleeves are the main issue. What do you think, keep or size up to 40?

Oh, and just to keep it more thread-relevant, I’m wearing GD113’s from NMWA, and I love them.

View attachment 1864496 View attachment 1864497 View attachment 1864498
Size up. If the jeans are how you like your clothes to fit sizing up on the jacket would match that fit.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Epic hair, by the way !

Reactions: jmr

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

henriik

Reaction score
Looking forward to snagging one of the Project Raglan's once it's available for the rest of us!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads