• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Inis Meain stuff looks cool. No surprise there, but it seems like a great mix of classics (the Arans, the ecru rollneck) and cool new stuff (seedstitch crew, ribbed mockneck, etc.).
I like that there is a variety of weights now in the Inis Meain assortment. On days when I want to wear a lighter sweater, I don’t want the thicker stuff. And conversely, when it’s really cold, I don’t want the thinner knits. It’s nice to be able to address those different situations (and climates)

db123456

Reaction score
I like that there is a variety of weights now in the Inis Meain assortment. On days when I want to wear a lighter sweater, I don’t want the thicker stuff. And conversely, when it’s really cold, I don’t want the thinner knits. It’s nice to be able to address those different situations (and climates)

Totally agreed.

I was flipping around in the drop video and one point that really resonated was your comment on the alpaca/silk rollnecks. I've never liked the looks of thinner rollnecks (the kind that might substitute for a shirt under a jacket), but at the same time it can be tough to wear the heavier submariner style in a cashmere or lambswool if you're just going to be sitting around a heated office all day. The alpaca/silk seems like a good way to get the chunkier look without overheating.

Henry S

Reaction score
I feel like I'm out of the loop.
I understand there is an app, and now you are telling me there are videos. Where can I watch them?

db123456

Reaction score
I feel like I'm out of the loop.
I understand there is an app, and now you are telling me there are videos. Where can I watch them?

Try here. One of the entries in the “style inspiration” widget towards the bottom is a video. Based on the date it looks like this one may have been from last fall, but it covers a bunch of the IM classics that were re-stocked this season.

Also — This week’s drop is covered in a long video on the Instagram page.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lounging around on a rainy day
Tss Kit
AD59DF92-2923-4E89-A9C2-73F2D60D0F70.jpeg

Henry S

Reaction score
Try here. One of the entries in the “style inspiration” widget towards the bottom is a video. Based on the date it looks like this one may have been from last fall, but it covers a bunch of the IM classics that were re-stocked this season.

Also — This week’s drop is covered in a long video on the Instagram page.
Missed it thanks to an ad blocker.
Finally, there are fit pics. I always found it amazing how people are confident to order without seeing how it drapes.
All the weekly videos are here:

We go over everything that drops every week. The video title has the week's makers listed
Not a fan of Instagram per se, but it gets harder and harder to follow things I'm interested. Maybe when I decide to switch to IOS I'll create an account

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed it thanks to an ad blocker.
Finally, there are fit pics. I always found it amazing how people are confident to order without seeing how it drapes.

Not a fan of Instagram per se, but it gets harder and harder to follow things I'm interested. Maybe when I decide to switch to IOS I'll create an account
I don’t think you need an account or the app to watch the videos? You can just use that link on a regular web browser

Colrais

Reaction score
Woah, was there a price increase on Inis Meain when I wasn't looking?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woah, was there a price increase on Inis Meain when I wasn't looking?
I think the Inis Meain prices have been increasing for a few years now. Basically, the demand for their products is much greater than their supply capacity. They always operate at full capacity and there's only a finite number of workers on that tiny island who can work for the knitting company, so they must pay them well to retain them. Material costs have also been going up dramatically.

It's very possible that prices may level off a bit next season if the US dollar stays so strong (although it does make a lot of their purchases more expensive).

What're the upcoming drops in the next few weeks? Wondering who I can expect to see.
Portuguese Flannel
3sixteen
Bigi
Lovat [new] (blankets, throws & scarves)
Beams+ [new]
ts(s)
Wythe
Kanata
De Bonne Facture
blurhms

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are some of the older lookbooks' images not loading?
Can you give an example? I just tried 3 or 4 older ones and they seem to load normally for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads