• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I was wondering if I could get a temperature check from you on something:

for those of you who have been back to work in person and work in a business casual environment, what do you wear to work? Has that changed from pre-Covid?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own a Schneider scarf from NMWA? Wondering about the warmth and softness.
Softness really depends on the scarf and the materials. Some are very soft, other are hairy and a bit scratchier.

letsgofire

Reaction score
Hey guys - I was wondering if I could get a temperature check from you on something:

for those of you who have been back to work in person and work in a business casual environment, what do you wear to work? Has that changed from pre-Covid?

Suits and ties are out. Black leather shoes seem too formal now.

Jacket and jeans or dress trousers are definitely the smart look. Interesting textures are a plus. Brown and light color shoes are more of the ‘in’ styles. Brogues, loafers and boots seem more in and oxfords are more out. Knitwear seems to sub in for a jacket for many.

Menswear2021

Reaction score
Nothing much changed. Just no ties. Suits and Sport jackets still going strong. This is a business advisory firm.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing much changed. Just no ties. Suits and Sport jackets still going strong. This is a business advisory firm.
Is this a place that used to be business formal? I.e. is the main change to remove ties?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Normal office attire at my work - chinos or "tailored" trousers with an OCBD or similar button up shirt. Sometimes a sweater, never a sport coat or tie. Often oxfords, but a fair amount of terrible dress/sneaker hybrids. There has been no visible change to this post-pandemic...pretty much identical to what men wore before.

My attire has probably been a notch better than pre-pandemic. I am wearing a sport coat now almost every day, just because I want to. I'll wear a tie maybe once a week, again just for personal joy.

jaaz16

Reaction score
Academia is the same as ever; NoMan's casual offerings are my "dress nice for the office" clothes. Not a bad life, dressing-wise!

More relevant info: My wife works in a finance-adjacent office that was business casual before the pandemic--basically for the men it was a buttoned "dress" shirt and trousers during the week + jeans on Fridays. Suits or sport coats only when meeting with their equivalent of clients (fund managers). The big boss instituted a new dress code for the return that was "nice-casual Mon-Thurs, better than that when meeting with fund managers, and casual-casual on Fridays."

Well that was too confusing for everyone so no one changed. They are wearing exactly what they wore before the pandemic. Whatever casualization happened in their office was well established before the pandemic.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My workplace tends to be more on the casual side of business casual, but I've definitely the men wearing more elastic banded pants than before. No one I know is stylish enough to kop easy pants from NMWA, but there does seem to be more of that rather than chinos these days. Personally, I feel like I'm reaching for knitwear more than any woven shirt. Things like the GRP or G Inglese polos have taken the place of oxfords and I'm more apt to just wear a sweater over an undershirt rather than making sure there's a collar and cuffs peeking out.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Havent been back in person but I used to wear sport coat + trousers ~3 times a week but not sure that I plan on going back to that. I have the LEJ pyjama set which i really like and would wear whenever return is and am in the market for something similar. Might cop a Lemaire silk pyjama set.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only went back to the office once since the beginning of the pandemic but in that time nothing changed. My boss and I were the only ones ever in suits and ties but that was by no means required. In general the office was business casual, trousers and a button up. If you had a sport coat you were considered dressed up and a tie even more so.

Pb924

Reaction score
My workplace tends to be more on the casual side of business casual, but I've definitely the men wearing more elastic banded pants than before. No one I know is stylish enough to kop easy pants from NMWA, but there does seem to be more of that rather than chinos these days. Personally, I feel like I'm reaching for knitwear more than any woven shirt. Things like the GRP or G Inglese polos have taken the place of oxfords and I'm more apt to just wear a sweater over an undershirt rather than making sure there's a collar and cuffs peeking out.
I’ll second this, and say I’m seeing a lot more folks in 5-pockets vs trousers, and more knits / polo-esque shirts and vests vs woven collared shirts.

professor

Reaction score
Academia is the same as ever; NoMan's casual offerings are my "dress nice for the office" clothes. Not a bad life, dressing-wise!
I would just add that academic administration, which I'm currently blessed to be a part of, is also same as it ever was. I was real curious to see if the dress expectations would get more casual post-pandemic, but we're still "the suits." Explains why I'm always stalking the NMWA tailoring options and celebrating Inglese white dress shirts coming back in stock in my size.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Softness really depends on the scarf and the materials. Some are very soft, other are hairy and a bit scratchier.
How would you compare the wool/mohair/alpaca and wool/mohair scarves in the sale?

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick shot with the document jacket, love the color on this:

document.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads