• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, that purple blurhms thermal was the one thing I put in and out of my cart several times over the past week. Looks great on you!

jaaz16

Reaction score
Orange IM Beartini is really sick and def gonna be featured in an interview in the next hour.

The DBF pants are really luxe as well and I wanna love them, but it's crack city for me when I bend over in 'em so they're probably going back, sad.

Blurhms thermal has a big chest in the best possible way, gonna get some serious mileage on it this winter.

I gotta clean our mirror

View attachment 1711884
View attachment 1711885

Beartini looks like it fits absolutely perfect.

chickenfark

Reaction score
Beartini looks like it fits absolutely perfect.

The fit is really great - in particular love the half/mockneck, realized I don't love chunky necks when you have to fold the neck over and this hits the mark perfectly. I'll probably have to block the arms and body a bit, but nothing too crazy

kevenmee

Reaction score
I am sure this has been covered, but my search skills don't seem to be working today.

Size advice on NR Bumfreezer and Moscow? TTS? Size Up?

Normally 52R in most tailoring, Large in most IM, XL in PF shirts, I have a 52 Doppiaa overcoat that fits well.

Bumfreezer would be worn over shirts with knits, Moscow possibly over tailoring.....

Went S in Moscow, M in Bumfreezer. Take a S in almost everything. Had the Bumfreezer in an S and wearing it over a thick sweater was pretty tight, and was tough to zip up, not that I actually wear it zipped up.

Definitely would recommend sizing up.

Moscow:
ssUx9c9.jpg

Bumfreezer:
PKcgd7D.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a dum dum, what's the best way to measure fit with gloves? Particularly the Merola ones, though I assume measurements are relatively consistent across brands.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bumfreezer fits a bit more slim than my Moscow. I took them both in a size L. I believe most people size up in the Bumfreezer, which might be the way to go for you as you’ll need room for those layers.
I'm a 40R in most tailoring and my bumfreezers are both M for a snug fit with a chunky sweater. I could have gone with a L for a looser fit. I'm thinking L would probably work for you?
Went S in Moscow, M in Bumfreezer. Take a S in almost everything. Had the Bumfreezer in an S and wearing it over a thick sweater was pretty tight, and was tough to zip up, not that I actually wear it zipped up.

Definitely would recommend sizing up.

Moscow:
ssUx9c9.jpg

Bumfreezer:
PKcgd7D.jpg

Thanks all for the feedback. Appreciate the pics @kevenmee fits are great (love that chunky roll neck you're wearing with the Moscow)

kevenmee

Reaction score
Thanks all for the feedback. Appreciate the pics @kevenmee fits are great (love that chunky roll neck you're wearing with the Moscow)

Thanks - the rollback is the IM boatbuilder, courtesy of NMWA. Probably my favorite IM piece. Think both color ways this year sold out, but would keep an eye out in case there are any coming back. I know I saw the burgundy ombre in a full color run (sans S) at the start of the BF sale.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need someone from NMWA HQ to show me how to fold the Leder blanket to wear it as a shawl bc I cannot figure it out lol

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need someone from NMWA HQ to show me how to fold the Leder blanket to wear it as a shawl bc I cannot figure it out lol
1638217847227.jpeg

Not sure if this picture helps from the FL site but looks like it’s just draped. I’m sure there are other way to wear with folds too.
I usually put one side over my shoulder with it sort of wide so it goes past the shoulder and down the upper arm. Then do the same for the other side so both ends end up behind you.
I haven’t done this but women sometimes use a brooch to holds the ends together however they style so it doesn’t fall off. You could make use of that button or use a pin I suppose.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it best draped over the shoulder rather than buttoned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads