• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She’s right though ?

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a compliment from my wife I don’t think I’ve ever heard: She said I looked elegant. Not sure I’d go that far (and it probably reflects the fact that she’s more used to seeing me in 18east double knees lately), but I do think it speaks to how nice this Doppiaa turtleneck and Document jacket look and feel in person.
View attachment 1690810

Got your early access sorted now?

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Wythe bal. That is one solid, well made coat without any frills. Fabric feels to be a reliable workhorse for the winter. On fit, I understand that with bals you need to embrace the relaxed vibe but I’m trying to figure out how that should look. I found the Wythe (in what I believe is my size) pretty huge, like I can literally fit another body in there, and that’s over a sport coat. Is that how it’s supposed to fit? The sleeve length is just right though. I really don’t understand the advice that you can size up. If I got an XL, it would look like im wearing a blanket. Maybe bals aren’t just for me or I’m just not used to or ready for that next level look. I definitely don’t look as cool as Kamoshita-san in his bals.
This is something I have had to learn and get comfortable with. I used to think anything bigger than pretty much painted on looked sloppy. You can see through the many pics that I have posted how I went from wearing a size 36 Traveler to now going a size up. It takes time to have your eye and mind be ok with a more relaxed look. It’s hard to describe how to do this but take pictures of yourself as it helped me see that the style and fit still draped nicely without appearing sloppy.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Wythe bal. That is one solid, well made coat without any frills. Fabric feels to be a reliable workhorse for the winter. On fit, I understand that with bals you need to embrace the relaxed vibe but I’m trying to figure out how that should look. I found the Wythe (in what I believe is my size) pretty huge, like I can literally fit another body in there, and that’s over a sport coat. Is that how it’s supposed to fit? The sleeve length is just right though. I really don’t understand the advice that you can size up. If I got an XL, it would look like im wearing a blanket. Maybe bals aren’t just for me or I’m just not used to or ready for that next level look. I definitely don’t look as cool as Kamoshita-san in his bals.

As Tray mentioned above me it took me a while to like how big voluminous pieces looked on me. The biggest thing that helped was getting the arm length right for me based on how much volume was in the rest of the piece.

Im not sure if it makes sense but for longer items like a coat, I like the openness and weight to be in the body and even though my traveler looked fine initially in the sleeves and lovely in the body, for me I had to shorten the sleeves. But on the flipside the KS trucker jacket and document jackets that are on the short side I let the arms hang down purposely.

TLDR: love that volume.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to an outdoor birthday party for one-year-old twins. I think this will work. And I'm one of the few here who prefers the buttoned-up look :)

My first Scott & Charters cardigan and an Orcival breton shirt...

Scott & Charters Burgundy Cardigan_Orcival Breton selfie 1.jpg

Scott & Charters Burgundy Cardigan_Orcival Breton selfie closeup.jpg

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Why do I find that blurhms boa fleece so interesting? Is it green, or is it brown? Hmmm.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Def is.
Very cool mix of items here!

Thanks dude! The sleeper is the round collar Document popover though so for anyone who may have been eyeing the restock.

And the Naissance pile is my most worn hat in winter, everyone calls it the sandlot hat lol

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude! The sleeper is the round collar Document popover though so for anyone who may have been eyeing the restock.

And the Naissance pile is my most worn hat in winter, everyone calls it the sandlot hat lol
I was able to get that round collar document shirt off someone else’s hands and can’t wait to rock it this season.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was able to get that round collar document shirt off someone else’s hands and can’t wait to rock it this season.

It’s super easy to wear, and I never knew I needed side seam pockets in a shirt until this.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s super easy to wear, and I never knew I needed side seam pockets in a shirt until this.
Side seam pockets are so clutch and missed now when they aren’t there.
Got an ALD shirt recently and I was like this needs side seam pockets.Got spoiled by Document and Tony.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads