• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pecora Nera in Large. It is a bit long. I don’t mind it though. Adds to the coziness. Very nice sweater!
65A93E53-69F9-4642-A1D3-CDE3177666EA.jpeg

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for DukeSilver, Alocin, or anyone else with experience: I have last year's version of the DBF cord easy pants (elasticated only in the back + a drawstring just like this season's). They fit absolutely perfect in the thighs and seat and just about everywhere else but the waist is too big, even with the drawstring. So, I need the waist taken in a couple inches.

The tailor I went to wrote me that she would move the waistband and create new internal holes for the drawstring, such that the elastic would remain (I think this means that she'd take from the non-elasticated part, and that the elasticated part would then cover more area around the waist--it wasn't entirely clear from her text). She says it'll cost 55-65 plus another 20 to shorten the hem.

Do you know what your tailor(s) did, does this sound right, should I get another opinion, etc etc. Thanks!

I can’t speak on the tailoring aspect on whether it would be “correct” or not but I think mine was a little different mainly because my pants don’t have a drawstring. In my head that changes it a little bit but I could be totally off.

But aside from that my tailor simply cleaned up the seat and brought the waist in from the back like normal, but also cut and shortened the elastic so it pulls a little tighter rather than stretching it more forward if that makes sense.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I can’t speak on the tailoring aspect on whether it would be “correct” or not but I think mine was a little different mainly because my pants don’t have a drawstring. In my head that changes it a little bit but I could be totally off.

But aside from that my tailor simply cleaned up the seat and brought the waist in from the back like normal, but also cut and shortened the elastic so it pulls a little tighter rather than stretching it more forward if that makes sense.

That does make sense, thanks.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pecora Nera in Large. It is a bit long. I don’t mind it though. Adds to the coziness. Very nice sweater!

Always thought you were a much older dude based on the "CPA" and Big Blue. Congrats on your youth! Sweater looks great.

I picked up ballon trousers and the work jacket. Really happy with both but the jacket, in particular, is stunning.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, this is exactly what my tailor did as well. No drawstring to worry about w/ the Doppiaa ones, nor is there a non-elasticized part of the waistband so pretty different situations.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always thought you were a much older dude based on the "CPA" and Big Blue. Congrats on your youth! Sweater looks great.
Not all of us CPAs instantly turn into old dudes with those thin frameless glasses. It takes time and pressure to create that diamond.

I had to laugh at the post from @1969 as both my wife and FIL are CPAs who went to Michigan and these comments don't seem too far from the personality of either of them!

I do agree though that those pecora sweaters look great!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely snug for the tagged size. Sleeves a little short. Body length not an issue for me. Reminds me of a lot of Japanese tops on me

5145D97D-2614-4445-91EA-6939C896B655.jpeg E4436B8B-340A-4B80-96F9-62A6FF1A4856.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads