• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Here's hoping that these work out! These are my first pants purchases since losing weight throughout the pandemic. Ironically, I bought my "old" size in two of these in the hopes that I needed to size up due to the slimmer fit and waist measurements.

I feel like if you needed to grab a few pairs of pants for an all-new post-weight-loss spring and summer wardrobe, you couldn't do much better than this trio.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked on slack but since we are asking whether clothes are too big, thoughts on this jacket?

I’m Leaning towards too big, but this fabric is really interesting and this is a size S?. Worn here with big straight leg pants and sleeves rolled inward maybe a couple inches.

941C0A60-8CF2-4F76-8EB5-C6483A4F19D4.jpeg 9F56735B-3B03-4CD7-B1CD-4ED7643DE2EA.jpeg DE4442A9-B45F-4353-A490-251DF185BAE5.jpeg 74B282F4-AD16-48C4-8F30-17F5B446CA43.jpeg 7CA787E2-4949-4349-8A0A-C355AC8D6D2D.jpeg

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked on slack but since we are asking whether clothes are too big, thoughts on this jacket?

I’m Leaning towards too big, but this fabric is really interesting and this is a size S?. Worn here with big straight leg pants and sleeves rolled inward maybe a couple inches.

View attachment 1612340 View attachment 1612341 View attachment 1612342 View attachment 1612343 View attachment 1612344
If you get the sleeves shortened I think you are good. It’s a bit roomy but I like the vibe for this piece. Especially with the outfit you have on and the dimensions of the pants.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1612340 View attachment 1612341 View attachment 1612342 View attachment 1612343 View attachment 1612344

I’m in the same camp as this looks good. I think shortening the sleeves a little bit is all it needs and will help a lot.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looks too big. Too much extra fabric bunching up above the pockets to the shoulders. Try buttoning it and moving around and see how it fits.

jaaz16

Reaction score
It definitely looks better with those pants than the ones in Slack. How does it compare width-wise to the Bangs 18 East shirt? I think that one looks on good on you, and is similarly oversized, and so maybe it's just a question of how you pair it/layer with it.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To me, the shoulders look way too big, but I haven't seen any other fit pics of this so maybe that's the vibe it's intended to have.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh it definitely fits bigger and there’s a lot of room. But I didn’t buy it to be like a replacement for an classic chore coat or a field jacket. It’s definitely casual casual or something to add to a casual classic outfit to change up the vibe completely. That probably makes more sense in my head, lol. It’s definitely an experiment for me.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recall if anyone answered this, but yes, definite shrink on these. I washed cold hung dry and I would say these went down half a size in every direction.
Oh, wow, thanks. I ordered a pair, and they're in transit. The ones I got last year mostly shrank in length. A half size would be fine, but the inseam of the ones from last year probably shrank a couple of inches. I'll have to see what the inseam is like on these new ones.

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It definitely looks better with those pants than the ones in Slack. How does it compare width-wise to the Bangs 18 East shirt? I think that one looks on good on you, and is similarly oversized, and so maybe it's just a question of how you pair it/layer with it.

oops sorry I missed this with the multi quote. I’d say it’s similar fit To the bangs shirt, which I got in a medium. The bangs shirt is a shirt shape though so it definitely works more obviously to me.

Reaction score

Looks way too big to my eye.

Personally I think the over-sized, relaxed etc. look works best on bigger guys (and maybe the 18-30ish y/o demo - regardless of size).

If you're thin and taller than average (and esp with spindly arms and legs like myself) you might end up looking like a scarecrow in some of these clothes.

That being said I have a lot of vintage camp collar style ss shirts and they look fine in a relaxed cut- but baggy long sleeves just don't work for me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks a tad big and long but if you dig the fabric and cut, since it’s the smallest size available, I’d say definitely worth wash and dry hot to shrink it. It certainly won’t get bigger!

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Any more plans for different easy type pants coming up?

I want something with linen and/or wool/silk (not plain cotton) with an elastic waist and a drawstring for comfort. In olive green or navy. Some cool stuff so far, though i'm pretty tall and need at least a 32" inseam and everything so far is super short. I like the idea of the Sage De Cret olive cargos, but they're way too short. I'm looking for a relaxed fit for summer, ideally 13.5+" thigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads