• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jimney

Reaction score
Contemplating Chamula huarache. From your experience, does the advice to size down a full size hold up?
I initially went a size down and it was too small to get my foot in. I then got a half size down and it is tight but I expect it to loosen up as I wear it.

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Been debating on these for a while and took the plunge. I like the easy pants from Blue Blue Japan but they are a bit too easy and baggy. Awesome around the house in cooler weather but not right for me out and about. These should do the trick. Might pair well with the Inis Meain white linen sweater for evenings when it's not 100 degrees here.

Really liking DBF as a brand. Interesting stuff and fits generally TTS for me.

I'm still working on how to style the Blue Blue Japan easy pants myself. Too nice for home but a little big for the office. I picked up this season's version and tried tapering them alittle bit (sometimes I feel like it helped, sometimes I think the original fit was better). The fabric is so good and perfect for the summer so I'm going to keep trying to mix and match until I figure it out.

The Portuguese Flannel chore jacket helped me get more confident wearing it out. If one NMWA piece doesn't feel quite right, just buy more stuff until it works I guess. I welcome feedback on the fit.

IMG_0295.jpg

Portuguese Flannel / Farnese / Blue Blue Japan / Castaner

schuermang

Reaction score
I'm still working on how to style the Blue Blue Japan easy pants myself. Too nice for home but a little big for the office. I picked up this season's version and tried tapering them alittle bit (sometimes I feel like it helped, sometimes I think the original fit was better). The fabric is so good and perfect for the summer so I'm going to keep trying to mix and match until I figure it out.

The Portuguese Flannel chore jacket helped me get more confident wearing it out. If one NMWA piece doesn't feel quite right, just buy more stuff until it works I guess. I welcome feedback on the fit.

View attachment 1612026

I think you wear them perfectly. Personally I would do a little cuff but they look great as is.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is the correct size. Up to you whether you like the fit, but I would not go down a size.
Wouldn’t say it’s the correct size when it looks one full size too big. IMO Camoshita casual tends to be a bit too oversized. I’d try the next size down, and I’ll bet you’ll still get the relaxed vibe.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1612026

I'll be curious to see it with a top that's not tucked and is wide and stops just above the hem of your jacket?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1612026

Still a little too baggy for me to wear outside. Will keep them as my “home from work” wear.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Anyone have this year’s KS finx belted trousers? The ones I got last year shrank quite a bit in length after a few washes (cold, hang dry). I wondered if this year’s have the same feature.

I don't recall if anyone answered this, but yes, definite shrink on these. I washed cold hung dry and I would say these went down half a size in every direction.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camoshita skipper looks great as is. Don’t fight a relaxed or oversized cut by sizing down. I think maybe I should add this to my sig. we’ve finally reached a point where we’re free from the shackles of “slim fitting”, this fashion concept imposed on us by men’s fashion magazines and some designers two decades ago. we can wear clothes that don’t make total contact with our skin anymore. Enjoy this moment, friends

05746FE3-E9ED-4A70-A07D-532580988CD0.jpeg 24CBDA16-FBE6-488B-95C8-34D8AECE5534.jpeg

BBJ pants only look baggy because of length. Hem or roll them to have them hang with no break and the shape will be excellent.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camoshita skipper looks great as is. Don’t fight a relaxed or oversized cut by sizing down. I think maybe I should add this to my sig. we’ve finally reached a point where we’re free from the shackles of “slim fitting”, this fashion concept imposed on us by men’s fashion magazines and some designers two decades ago. we can wear clothes that don’t make total contact with our skin anymore. Enjoy this moment, friends

BBJ pants only look baggy because of length. Hem or roll them to have them hang with no break and the shape will be excellent.
I'm a little leery of bouncing too far the other way, though. I'm really enjoying wearing the loose-fit DBF white cotton pants and wifey greatly approves. Happy to leave the super-slim fits behind (not like I'm 25 anymore either!). Just don't want to swing the pendulum into the outlandish at least as it looks on me. All subjective of course.

I will take your recommendation and try rolling the pant legs on the BBJ pants. Love the fabric and they are super comfortable.

Last edited:

jaaz16

Reaction score
Can I get some opinions on this Camoshita terry polo: you guys think it is too big or should i embrace the oversized look? View attachment 1611382 View attachment 1611383 View attachment 1611384

View attachment 1612026

For the BBJ pants, agree with Greg that, assuming the waist fits, just do something about the length. I think the shape is quite nice IMO. I like that carrot-ish cut with a nice and roomy top block and decent taper. After a decade plus of slim fits where you can see the outline of the phone in your pocket, I personally love some air around the crotch!

And for the Camoshita polo, it does look big, but I think it’s because of the shorts & tee. Try some short shorts that are a little wider, like the baggies chickenfark has below. Basically, with more form fitting shorts, the polo will look off, so rather than changing the polo, try changing the shorts. And try rolling the sleeves once or twice, as well, which will give your shoulders some more definition.

Feiw

I’m about a size down from you and did the XL. It’s definitely one of the more B I G F I T things I own but I’m leaning into it. Can’t wait to rock it at the beach. It’s surprisingly cool wearing.

View attachment 1611913

^looks good!

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1612185 View attachment 1612186

This journey started around my discovery of NMWA and I can say I’m glad I started to embrace a more relaxed look. Tight clothes are too fussy and less enjoyable. I still like some tiny degree of fitted but not nearly as much as I used to. Embrace the slouch!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally could be a 1970s photograph

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally could be a 1970s photograph
Was looking in the background for Al Pacino in Serpico garb or maybe Gene Hackman with his Popeye Doyle Porkpie!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads