• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could go xl. it will be boxy in the chest, its just the length that might be a tad short dep on how tall u are but its the intended fit

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gmed

Reaction score
Also a roll up of the sleeves helps it get a little definition in your arms.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying the pairs of Rota washed linen/cotton blend trousers I got last year and this year. They are especially comfortable in the warmer weather. Being pre-washed they do fit a bit smaller so I agree that taking a size larger than your regular Rota size is the way to go.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measuring the changing seasons by knitwear and footwear, not temperatures...

IM Pink Ombre_JMM Molinos.jpg
Castañer Cream Suede 1.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been debating on these for a while and took the plunge. I like the easy pants from Blue Blue Japan but they are a bit too easy and baggy. Awesome around the house in cooler weather but not right for me out and about. These should do the trick. Might pair well with the Inis Meain white linen sweater for evenings when it's not 100 degrees here.

Really liking DBF as a brand. Interesting stuff and fits generally TTS for me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Been debating on these for a while and took the plunge. I like the easy pants from Blue Blue Japan but they are a bit too easy and baggy. Awesome around the house in cooler weather but not right for me out and about. These should do the trick. Might pair well with the Inis Meain white linen sweater for evenings when it's not 100 degrees here.

Really liking DBF as a brand. Interesting stuff and fits generally TTS for me.

Oh yeah, these would be perfect with that IM linen sweater on a nice evening. I did want to mention that this style is slimmer than most other DBF and fits about a size small. Did you take this into account when ordering? If you ordered your typical DBF size we should probably switch them out if we haven't shipped it yet.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, these would be perfect with that IM linen sweater on a nice evening. I did want to mention that this style is slimmer than most other DBF and fits about a size small. Did you take this into account when ordering? If you ordered your typical DBF size we should probably switch them out if we haven't shipped it yet.
I ordered size 52 (I have a 35 waist but usually end up getting 36). Should I size up to 54?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I ordered size 52 (I have a 35 waist but usually end up getting 36). Should I size up to 54?

In these, I think so. Might be worth trying both back-to-back if possible, but if you want us to swap out the 52 for a 54 before shipping just reply to your order confirmation email with this and we'll take care of the rest.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In these, I think so. Might be worth trying both back-to-back if possible, but if you want us to swap out the 52 for a 54 before shipping just reply to your order confirmation email with this and we'll take care of the rest.
Okay, just replied to switch to 54. Thanks for the advice!

chickenfark

Reaction score
Feiw
It's a XXL, so I guess that is a size up as I usually wear XL in Portuguese Flannel/Merz/etc. and size L in mall brands.
I’m about a size down from you and did the XL. It’s definitely one of the more B I G F I T things I own but I’m leaning into it. Can’t wait to rock it at the beach. It’s surprisingly cool wearing.

AE773EAE-6E56-49F0-947D-BA812595BF08.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads