• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Wythe coat has been back from the tailor for a few weeks. Haven’t had time to take some shots. It did make a brief appearance at the park the other day in a couple of our family photos. Turned out great.

View attachment 1609028 View attachment 1609029
Damn, this is the best photo I’ve seen of this jacket and makes me real sad to have missed out. Also, great phot of the fam!

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need some help all. i just realized my absolute favorite pants of all time, my niche painted jeans, have a blowout in them. suggestions on where to get them repaired?

85890429-1ED1-440E-95E8-1441067D392A.jpeg

jaaz16

Reaction score
I’ve had hit or miss experiences with Denim Therapy. The first time was great but another time the color matching was really poor. It’s also a pretty thin darning, though that has its advantages because it’s less noticeable when you wear it. I also used Detroit Denim locally and they were bad too, but for the opposite reason: their darning was so damn thick and stiff it caused ANOTHER hole right next to the repair. My best experience was with Railcar Fine Goods, which cost more but I thought did the closest to a Goldilocks between the other too. Took a long time though, whereas I think Denim Therapy in NYC might be local/faster for you.

Reactions: kjb

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had hit or miss experiences with Denim Therapy. The first time was great but another time the color matching was really poor. It’s also a pretty thin darning, though that has its advantages because it’s less noticeable when you wear it. I also used Detroit Denim locally and they were bad too, but for the opposite reason: their darning was so damn thick and stiff it caused ANOTHER hole right next to the repair. My best experience was with Railcar Fine Goods, which cost more but I thought did the closest to a Goldilocks between the other too. Took a long time though, whereas I think Denim Therapy in NYC might be local/faster for you.

the denim here is pretty light weight. so i think a thinner darning would probably suit it better. but i'm more concerned with getting the color right.

mina262

Reaction score
I saw on IG that Blue in Green in Soho now has a repair service. Haven’t used myself, but those guys are great with jeans so may be worth asking there.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wythe coat has been back from the tailor for a few weeks. Haven’t had time to take some shots. It did make a brief appearance at the park the other day in a couple of our family photos. Turned out great.

View attachment 1609028

Looks like you're not the only one in your family who wants to wear that coat! Great photos.

letsgofire

Reaction score
the denim here is pretty light weight. so i think a thinner darning would probably suit it better. but i'm more concerned with getting the color right.

I used Denim Therapy in the past about 5 times and each time I’ve been generally okay with the results. It is rather expensive though if you don’t live in NYC.

I went through my raw denim phase and tried to have one pair for most uses. Each time they did a good job. My experience though is they merely extend the life of the jeans. Eventually something else rips. Eventually I sort of concluded it’s just easier to buy new things when jeans get damaged.

I think I would go the repair route if I had a unique pair that didn’t get a lot of wear. One that you wanted to keep for several years.

if you are open to patching your jeans there are many low coat options

jaaz16

Reaction score

In that case, if it were me, I'd probably roll the dice on Denim Therapy. One thing to keep in mind is that where the blowout is located, the bottom of your crotch, is not necessarily a place that is visible when you're wearing them. Angles, shadows, etc during regular wear mean that a not-perfect color match won't be really be noticeable to anyone other than you. And again: my first time using them was perfect, and I only used them twice, so the worse experience may have been the aberration.

blacklight

Reaction score
Was really impressed by the Niche drop this weekend and have been wanting to pick something up for awhile now thanks to @KamoteJoe. Ivory checkered trousers arrived last night and are absolutely brilliant. Substantial weight but roomy enough in the leg that you can definitely wear them year-round, which you'll definitely want to as the texture really is that incredible. Unfortunately the black pair is much more my speed though so if whoever grabbed the M feels like they wanted the ivory instead feel free to reach out.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need some help all. i just realized my absolute favorite pants of all time, my niche painted jeans, have a blowout in them. suggestions on where to get them repaired?

View attachment 1609134

I’ve only used self edge a few times and have so far been happy with the results. The thing that has been nice is that they’ve matched the weights pretty well. So the 18oz denim I had repaired got thicker/heavier darning while the 15oz got something much more in line with the weight.

Sadly blowouts are a staple in my life.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
much appreciated all for the suggestions. seems like self edge or denim therapy is the way to go, at least in my case being so close to manhattan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads