• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awe, did everyone pitch in for my baby shower gift?

I'll tell you this: if anything has shifted my attention away from clothing, it is the existence of a small, 8-9lb being that cries from 7 pm to 7am every night.

So you get a break from the crying from 7AM to 7 PM? Lucky.....

In all seriousness, nothing is as life altering, congratulations and enjoy the ride.

Lastly, I have plenty of thoughts on diaper bags if you want to hear them.

Hah! Wait until he until the Terrible Twos...

Right! Then they become threenagers.... that was fun.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@hpreston the consensus last time I asked was: surplus helmet bags, Filson tote, Master Piece lightning shoulder bag, random baby brand #3

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hpreston the consensus last time I asked was: surplus helmet bags, Filson tote, Master Piece lightning shoulder bag, random baby brand #3

My take is, any bag you want. But recommend shying away from anything that is sold as a "Diaper Bag" they are too specialized, and usually medium (at best) to low quality. Any decent sized, decent quality bag will do. Filson, vintage helmet, large canvass tote, Master Piece backpack or bag, all good.

Either one of these would be a great dad diaper bag:

The trick my wife and I learned is to empty and inventory before every outing, Get rid of diapers that youngling has outgrown, old wipe packages, old snacks, etc. and make sure you have the right stuff for the outing as appropriate.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you get a break from the crying from 7AM to 7 PM? Lucky.....

In all seriousness, nothing is as life altering, congratulations and enjoy the ride.

Lastly, I have plenty of thoughts on diaper bags if you want to hear them.

Right! Then they become threenagers.... that was fun.

Ha! I wish. We visited the pediatrician today, and apparently we have a fussy, fussy baby (sixteen feedings yesterday...).

Let’s hear the diaper bag suggestions!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take is, any bag you want. But recommend shying away from anything that is sold as a "Diaper Bag" they are too specialized, and usually medium (at best) to low quality. Any decent sized, decent quality bag will do. Filson, vintage helmet, large canvass tote, Master Piece backpack or bag, all good.

Either one of these would be a great dad diaper bag:

The trick my wife and I learned is to empty and inventory before every outing, Get rid of diapers that youngling has outgrown, old wipe packages, old snacks, etc. and make sure you have the right stuff for the outing as appropriate.

Great advice here, particularly staying away from things marketed specifically as a diaper bag since you're unlikely to use it for much of anything after the child outgrows it, and they do seem cheaply made.

We got some fancy diaper bag as a shower gift when our oldest was born and it ended up being a bit too small (or too oddly shaped) to fit enough stuff into for most trips of anything more than just out to a park or dinner. My wife started using an old backpack that she had stuffed away in a closet for 95% of the outings and for everything else I'd empty out the USMC helmet bag I've had for decades. The helmet bags can seriously hold a lot more than you would imagine. When our 2nd was born a few years later, my wife wanted to use the helmet bag exclusively but I didn't want to give mine up so I went to the local surplus store and bought one for about $15. If you want to be more stylish, there are some brands out there that make nicer versions of the helmet bags, but being a Marine, I'm biased towards the real deal.

Also good advice about emptying out the bags and inventorying everything before/after each outing. After being caught once without something we thought we had left in the bag from a previous trip, we learned this wisdom. After that, we'd empty everything out when we returned home after each and every trip and then reload before heading out the door the next time. It may sound like a lot of busy work but it became routine pretty quickly. We found it also helped keep the bags cleaner since we were less likely to accumulate trash and wrappers and stuff in there.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I wish. We visited the pediatrician today, and apparently we have a fussy, fussy baby (sixteen feedings yesterday...).

Let’s hear the diaper bag suggestions!

See post right above yours

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m curious, do folks here use tote bags with only the short drop handles? If I’m carrying anything of appreciable weight (office stuff, books, work out clothes, groceries, beach gear), I favor something with a shoulder strap. I honestly don’t know how people lug things around in a tote around the city. It may look cool, but doesn’t seem that practical. Maybe just me.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First wear for Inis Meain linen sweater. Paired with LBM 1911 pants and black C&J loafers.

B5A9FF25-3F5E-481F-8894-94738EB5B990.jpeg

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl rolex sub?

Also anyone ever tell you that you kinda look like Bryan Cranston? Add the beard and we have Hisenberg!
I get the odd Thanos comment every now and again...

Sweater really carried the evening as the wind picked up and it rapidly cooled down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads