• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stoffa pants arrived after being stuck in AZ for a bit. These are great!

View attachment 1568835
Love looking at the very various abstract shapes formed by all the different pieces. Mine looks quite different and someone else will look like another set of shapes too.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m so glad I decided to keep the size large. Started loosening up in the pit area after wearing it around for a day. It’s so cozy. My first cowichan.

-Chamula cowichan
-lady white co t shirt
-orslow 107s
-Yuketen boots
405D705F-8E17-4361-BC52-B40692A46031.jpeg
F955E960-A7E5-4EA3-B4A0-141B89D5E4CD.jpeg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the merola rabbit lined gloves as well, mine had the same issue! Carpincho ones are years old, still look perfect.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's weird and not good if it is happening to several of our guys. I need to tell Merola about it. For info, how would each of you describe the fit of that glove (snug, not snug) and did you notice the moment when the stitching broke (a certain type of tension?) or is that something you noticed afterwards? Thanks

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's weird and not good if it is happening to several of our guys. I need to tell Merola about it. For info, how would each of you describe the fit of that glove (snug, not snug) and did you notice the moment when the stitching broke (a certain type of tension?) or is that something you noticed afterwards? Thanks
It happened to me when I put it on for the first time, rabbit fur lined is a little more snug than cashmere lined.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gloves are not tight at all. They fit well. Did not pop as much as unravel, within the first 5-10 wears. They have stopped unraveling now, and I wear them. Just crazy because my unlined ones are flawless after years and years of hard use.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glove is snug but fit well. I didn't notice when the stitching broke but only afterwards when I felt the glove was bit breezy. This only happened on the cognac peccary pair. I'm usually just wearing it for about 20 minutes at a time carrying my briefcase outside.

My other pair with dark green (almost black) peccary didn't have this problem thankfully.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha both have been happening, there's summer great rooms and conversations and equally disappointing ones!
Last night chat with Bruce Pask, Jeremy K, Mr Mort, Jian etc.. was pretty engaging. There was no menswear club yet so we created one - feel free to follow for better visibility on future events. Look for the “Menswear & Men's Fashion” club

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happened to me when I put it on for the first time, rabbit fur lined is a little more snug than cashmere lined.
My gloves are not tight at all. They fit well. Did not pop as much as unravel, within the first 5-10 wears. They have stopped unraveling now, and I wear them. Just crazy because my unlined ones are flawless after years and years of hard use.
Glove is snug but fit well. I didn't notice when the stitching broke but only afterwards when I felt the glove was bit breezy. This only happened on the cognac peccary pair. I'm usually just wearing it for about 20 minutes at a time carrying my briefcase outside.

My other pair with dark green (almost black) peccary didn't have this problem thankfully.

Thanks guys. Useful feedback

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to negate any of the feedback, but to offer my own, I have two rabbit lined pairs and a cashmere lined pair that have all held up to use and abuse. The rabbit lined pairs feel tighter than the cashmere lined gloves.

schuermang

Reaction score
Hey dudes I’m a fairly new NMWA customer, really loving the styles and brands they bring in! Are clothing “drops” a weekly thing or is it sporadic? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads