• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@troika The loafspadrilles and pablos are same fit on my foot (same size 44) so it comes down to the shape of your foot (vs last). What I would say about this is that the moccasin loafer shape from El Karti (our Moroccan slipper artisan) has a (much) lower toe box than the slipper shape. So if your foot has volume and you get uncomfortable in low toe box shoes, maybe avoid that shape and go for the slipper shape

Is it ok if I just buy all of them in everything and then keep them all forever?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it ok if I just buy all of them in everything and then keep them all forever?
troika.jpg

No Man Walks Alone Executive Resigns Over
Possible Ties to Moroccan Slipper Resale Business

Last edited:

John L

Reaction score
I'm a 8.5uk, 9 Alden (edit: most lasts), 9.5 US, 10.5 Nikes, a total crapshoot for EU -- so my math comes out to 43?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not in the market, but so much nice S/S footwear is dropping. Any guesses on which line will sell best?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, wanted to touch on a couple things:

First, the Monitaly Vacation shirt is really fantastic. I bought the white linen version in, maybe, 2018, and it is one of my most worn shirts. The pattern of that shirt is dialed in.

Second, the "mystery" box idea is interesting. I could see it being particularly cool for end-of-season items. Maybe you get first dibs on sale and some extra %age for volume? I am curious to hear how you would image this working.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have 3 or 4 of those vacation shirts and they're always traveling with me

No real flesh behind the box concept yet - just an idea. All those box concepts are typically price oriented and the stuff isn't that nice, so that could be a higher-end version of those

probablycantaffordit

Reaction score
i always enjoy Outlier's "top" and "bottom" mystery boxes, though i confess i don't know if i'd participate if prices/risks weren't so low.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think "mystery boxes" are typically a different idea, no? They're heavily discounted items and not returnable, right? A way to clear inventory?

professor

Reaction score
I think "mystery boxes" are typically a different idea, no? They're heavily discounted items and not returnable, right? A way to clear inventory?
Yes, different idea. My wife did one of those box subscription services for a bit. They made a big deal of the fact that you had a "consultant" always available to you. You gave that person a sense of your preferences and what you're looking for, and they (or their AI algorithm) generated a box of things to send you. "Personal shopper!" I suspect NMWA may not have the capacity for that, but definitely not a "mystery box" concept.

dwiz

Reaction score
Don't think I've hit refresh like this in quite some time

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, different idea. My wife did one of those box subscription services for a bit. They made a big deal of the fact that you had a "consultant" always available to you. You gave that person a sense of your preferences and what you're looking for, and they (or their AI algorithm) generated a box of things to send you. "Personal shopper!" I suspect NMWA may not have the capacity for that, but definitely not a "mystery box" concept.
I think the personal shopping boxes are more down our alley because we don't employ CS people who are disconnected from the products like most e-commerce websites. We all know every item fairly well.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess these dropped last week but what's your sizing advice for the Sage de Cret linen shorts? I'm normally a 36 waist and looks like I'm between L and XL?

professor

Reaction score
I think the personal shopping boxes are more down our alley because we don't employ CS people who are disconnected from the products like most e-commerce websites. We all know every item fairly well.
Sign me up. You obviously know your capacity better than I do. But it would be *awesome* if you could do it. "I'm a geeky professor who likes to dress better than 99% of my colleagues. Send me stuff to wear, please." :)

tailoredtech

Reaction score
How many of those cream striped Monitaly shirts did you have in each size? M went quick before I could even add it to my cart :(

Also would a L on someone who wears M mostly be too boxy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads