• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

professor

Reaction score
I really keep going back and forth on the idea of a subscription service. Like those gimmicky box services but with actually great stuff in it and before everyone else. Keep what you like, send back what you don't.
Fwiw, I love this idea. I'm still learning to trust that I would look good in some of your items that look great on a screen, but would be a departure for me. Getting a box sent to me would have the effect of ordering for me things that I might not on my own.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Greg do you think the new Monitaly will be online to buy next week?

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I typically wear a 40 in g. Inglese shirts would you recommend a size 3 for the ts(s) hounds tooth shirt-jacket?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the nmwa slippers: should I go with 44 for 10.5D on brannock/dress shoes?
You're a 43 in Buttero? 44 in Aurlands?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ever consider carrying Yuketen stuff? Already got Monitaly and Chamula, and I feel like with Yuketen’s stylistic range you could do some cool stuff.
We look at it every time we see Monitaly (they show together). Just never got that bug ??‍♂️

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203, for the moroccan slippers, same size as Castaner loafadrille? I normally wear US9.5 dress shoe and 43 Castaner.
I wear the same size in Castaner and those

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I got the large and I normally get a size 3 or medium in brands typically. It just fits a little tight under the pit area...

Yeah, that's par for the course with these. It will relax after a few wears for sure.

For the nmwa slippers: should I go with 44 for 10.5D on brannock/dress shoes?

I'm a 10.5D Brannock and always thought we wore the same size in things, but the recent Buttero thing threw me off. Either way, the 43 is the right size for me. I wear 43 Buttero (42.5 in the boots), 43 Castaner, and 9.5D in my LHS

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
also can we talk about this cotton linen houndstooth shirt jacket?!?

View attachment 1567508

Gotta make the effort to go back and quote this one. This jacket looks pretty intense on a hanger but SO, SO GOOD once you put it on. Every once in a while we get a piece like that so I wanted to make a note of it here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're a 43 in Buttero? 44 in Aurlands?

Def 44 in Auarlands, maybe 42.5 in Buttero.

Yeah, that's par for the course with these. It will relax after a few wears for sure.

I'm a 10.5D Brannock and always thought we wore the same size in things, but the recent Buttero thing threw me off. Either way, the 43 is the right size for me. I wear 43 Buttero (42.5 in the boots), 43 Castaner, and 9.5D in my LHS

Yeah man I dunno what to say anymore, I think length I'm almost 10.75 in my left foot. Probably in the Tom boots I'm a 42.5 best. But the 43 Castaner loafspadrilles are mad tight, but the 43 pablos are perfect.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual fridays at the “office”
3E9C2E4A-7040-45FE-8C14-360E31C0AD21.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@troika The loafspadrilles and pablos are same fit on my foot (same size 44) so it comes down to the shape of your foot (vs last). What I would say about this is that the moccasin loafer shape from El Karti (our Moroccan slipper artisan) has a (much) lower toe box than the slipper shape. So if your foot has volume and you get uncomfortable in low toe box shoes, maybe avoid that shape and go for the slipper shape

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the slippers / mocs in half sizes? If not, what is the "standard" sizing convention (i.e., US 10D is a 43?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads