• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

tailoredtech

Reaction score
The fisherman sandals are back! My size went OOS on the original, and trying to buy from the maker was $$$ cause they charged like $60 shipping.

Also that rust linen is back from Monitaly! Honestly one of the softest linens I've owned, guess I gotta get the shirt to make the full set. I'm assuming it's the same linen as what was carried a few season ago.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's sizing like on teh Monitaly huaraches and the Moroccan slippers?
Size down on huaraches. I like TTS in the Moroccan slippers but I also prefer a fit that's not too tight for shoes like that. I can squeeze into a 43 for example, but it feels super tight and uncomfortable to me

kongmw

Reaction score
debating whether to blow all the March clothing budget on the first drop of month alone...

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Size down on huaraches. I like TTS in the Moroccan slippers but I also prefer a fit that's not too tight for shoes like that. I can squeeze into a 43 for example, but it feels super tight and uncomfortable to me

So take your Buttero size on the huaraches?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I literally said to myself “I think I’m good, I don’t need anything for this spring.”

I have never been more wrong in my life.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Someone needs to wear that ts(s) houndstooth jacket over the Monitaly crazy paisley shirt.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that monitaly 230g linen italian jail jacket ?

D86D3367-F1B8-4D40-BCDA-0EFD8D786DB0.jpeg

Remy Fool

Reaction score
So take your Buttero size on the huaraches?

I wear size US 10, UK 9. Sized down to 8.5 on brown which was tight at the start but it loosened up after a few wears. I went with the sizing advice of Kenshawn (and Yuki Matsuda) during the SS20 Monitaly drop.

I also bought a 8.5 in yellow but I was shipped a 9.5 during final sale. Kinda sucks but it helps with comparison pics.

IMG_20210304_132525281.jpg
IMG_20210304_132544926.jpg

Last edited:

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Stoked to see Monitaly's Jail Jacket making an appearance. The linen iteration I have from a few seasons back is one of my favorite spring/summer layers.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not popular. Is the reason

Ah, disappointing. My impression was that it was being sold in more and more stores, but come to think of it at least one canceled after only two seasons, and another one stopped buying the tailoring.

I buy one thing from them almost every season, but the coats have always intimidated me a bit. This autumn I think I might be ready for the roomier silhouettes, though.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
I normally take a size 11US in dress shoes. I tried sizing down a full 1 for the huaraches but they felt tight (my big toe was pushing a bit on the front). Went with a size 10.5 and it fits pretty well. I kind of like the looser fit, though I guess maybe 10 would have worked once it stretched out.

Also these huaraches are amazing. I basically wear them all the time. They've got a nice patina now, though there are some water stains on them from rain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads